Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When bidding a standard remodeling job, for example a basement remodel, is there a basic formula to use as a guideline? Materials + Labor + Profit Margin? What is the average profit margin being used in todays market?

I should have been more specific. How much on average have you adjusted your anticipated profit margin per job, due to the decline in the economy, when estimating?

·
Super Moderator
10,670 Posts
Great first post and an excellent question. I am sure it will be answered promptly. These are the kind of questions that contractors love to answer.

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Stylecraft please come back. We would be honored to tell you if your contractor is ripping you off on the project in your home.

·
Registered
37 Posts
When bidding a standard remodeling job, for example a basement remodel, is there a basic formula to use as a guideline? Materials + Labor + Profit Margin? What is the average profit margin being used in todays market?

Depends on how well you sell yourself and quality of your work. Your profit is influenced by type of your involvement, size of your job and your experience - your profit should be 25-40%.

You can not just come over here and ask how much should I charge for.....

It does not work this way.

Being a pro contractor you should have an idea already. Each region of USA is different, and you should know that as well.

Read this:
www contractortalk.com/f16/pricing-estimating-success-27899

1 - 11 of 11 Posts