Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mamaluke
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a question cuz i dont know much about plumbing. what leads to low water pressure? i have great pressure in the bathroom. in the kitchen is a different story. when the faucet is turned on water comes out at i would say maybe half the pressure that it should. any advice would be appreciated guys

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
could be:
clogged aerator
damaged valve
crap in the valve
rusting/clogged pipes
damaged/clogged angle stop
not fully open angle stop
damaged pipe (flattened)
I'm sure there are more

If you really want to increase pressure in the kitchen, tell your wife the how to wash the dishes.

Reactions: mrmike

·
The Remodeler
1,535 Posts
Geez Ron, cant you lighten up? He's an electrician looking for a little advice... Doesnt Nathan bill this place as "Where the trades meet"?

If that's not good enough, what about DoubleA's "Smile or stay out!" at the top of the subforum? :rolleyes:

Good suggestions from Thom.. Try that first. :thumbsup:

·
Pro Plumber
2,779 Posts
Geez Ron, cant you lighten up? He's an electrician looking for a little advice... Doesnt Nathan bill this place as "Where the trades meet"?

If that's not good enough, what about DoubleA's "Smile or stay out!" at the top of the subforum? :rolleyes:

Good suggestions from Thom.. Try that first. :thumbsup:
I already filed a report

·
Mamaluke
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already filed a report
wow what is this guys problem. i ask a simple question and he runs and files a report. thats pretty down low i hope the rest of the people on here arent't like this. anyways thanks for the help jonm and thom and to splinter for backing me up. what is a report anyway?

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
It seems there are a small handfull of guys that want each trade to be a highly exclusive club.

You wouldn't want a plumber changing a light bulb or a painter changing the toilet paper. I guess they think that it is beyond the capacity of the human brain to learn more than a single trade.

The reality is, there are many people who work in an office who can do a great job doing multiple trades. I've a neighbor who is an engineer, doing explosives design and testing, that re-built his own house. He really did do it all, and did a fine job.

He wanted to modify existing trusses so he studied the engineering involved and properly did them. He did the plumbing, electric, framing, concrete, sheetrock, tile, trim, etc. and he did a fine job with all of them. When he got to something he wasn't sure of, he would consult with a trade professional (he has plenty of friends in the trades). He properly permitted the project and had all his inspections done.

His trim work is exquisite. As a hobby he builds furniture.

Reactions: Tinstaafl

·
Pro Plumber
2,779 Posts
If you don't know anything about plumbing don't touch it. That's how I see it, don't like my opinion, don't read what I have to say.

The economy is messed up as it is, why take work away from us plumbers, we have to make a living just as you do.

·
Mamaluke
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you don't know anything about plumbing don't touch it. That's how I see it, don't like my opinion, don't read what I have to say.

The economy is messed up as it is, why take work away from us plumbers, we have to make a living just as you do.
i fully understand the ecomomy ron i am out of work myself at the time. that is why i asked because at the time i dont have the money to pay a plumber. i would be more than happy to support my local tradesmen if finacally possible. have a good one and no hard feeling there ron .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts