Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Box Builder
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 10" Bosch dual bevel slider. Just noticed today that the saw is loose on one of the sliding bearings. It is the right side. When the bevel is locked down I can slightly move the right side roller piston in the bearings. It is like they are loose. Has anyone had any issues like this with their saw? I haven't gone to the site yet and downloaded manual to see if it can be tuned up. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks, Nick.

I've got the 4310. It is about 6-8 years old I think

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Interested in what you come up with. I also have the 4310 and would like to know what to look out for.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
This may help. On my hitachi saw there is a adjust on the rail bearing. Bosch probley has the same thing. Loosen up the nut . It's the nut with the Allen screw in the head. Use a Allen wrench to tighten but hold the wrench still. Careful that u turn it a little at a time. Test the saw by moving the motor back and forth. Then when the play is gone , hold the Allen wrench still as u tighten the nut.

I bought a used 10" slider for cheap because of the play. The seller thought that the bearings were shot and needed replacing. Once I tighted up the slide, that saw moves like new .

I hope this makes sense. It's a very simple operation once you figure it out.

·
Box Builder
6,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are two on the top and two on the bottom. Do you tighten all four just a CH? I can see it now. A friggin hour and a half to get the slide working correctly

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Morning Wood said:
There are two on the top and two on the bottom. Do you tighten all four just a CH? I can see it now. A friggin hour and a half to get the slide working correctly
I know what you mean there. I was ready to retire my saw when I was told how it could be adjusted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts