Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's a good one for you...

Back in June I was in the market for a new, lighter compound mitre saw. I was debating between a 12" Hitachi and a 12" Dewalt. The price was about the same but the Dewalt had a coupon for a free job site radio/battery charger. So, because I had previously purchased the 18V Dewalt finishing nailer I thought what the heck get the Dewalt saw and get the $200 radio for free!

Here's where the problem starts... Since it has now been several months since I mailed in the receipt, UPC code and coupon to Dewalt, I had my girlfriend call to see what's going on with my free radio. Well, guess what? The snotty CSR at the company handling the distribution of the free radios for Dewalt tells her "there were too many coupons submitted and we've run out of radios for the promotion so we've decided we're not going to honour the outstanding coupons". Of all the nerve!!!

I'm not letting this go even if I have to take Dewalt to small claims court for false advertising, failure to honour the coupon, lost time and wages, etc., etc., etc.

Also, I may never buy another Dewalt tool even after I get it sorted out!!!

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Light yes, but no music to go with it...

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Go get them that is BS. Personally I don't like the new look of the dewalt radios. The Bosch radios have more gadgets that a swiss army knife.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
JustaFramer said:
The Bosch radios have more gadgets that a swiss army knife.
And they make better saws than DeWalt too :cheesygri
BTW thanks for the tip, I did get a flyer today with the new DeWalt promo
That free jigsaw w/purchase of a table saw is also a mail-in
I was seriously considering it, they don't really make bad saws
It's pretty tempting but I guess if it's a "maybe free jigsaw, if we feel like it...we have 3 here in the warehouse for this promo" that's actually pretty damn crappy
Jeez now I'm getting kinda pissed...

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
slickshift said:
And they make better saws than DeWalt too :cheesygri
BTW thanks for the tip, I did get a flyer today with the new DeWalt promo
That free jigsaw w/purchase of a table saw is also a mail-in
I was seriously considering it, they don't really make bad saws
It's pretty tempting but I guess if it's a "maybe free jigsaw, if we feel like it...we have 3 here in the warehouse for this promo" that's actually pretty damn crappy
Jeez now I'm getting kinda pissed...

After seeing what they did to the work horse EMGLO compressors I have to say dewalt suck's. I bought a used EM instead of a new dewalt.
And thier saws do suck. I have seen those things tore apart because they were dropped. Something inside loosen's up and binds the gears.

Bosch's only down fall is the tables are cheap cast magnesium. I still like my skil's even though they are the same company. :cheesygri

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Terry,

I really find this hard to believe. Dewalt or anybody else at that level telling you what you said is really hard to fathom and it is illegal. I would give them another call, some thing doesn't smell right.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree Mike but that's what the CSR said. We have a follow-up with someone higher up. I submitted the coupon, etc. over 2 months ago so something is definitely up. It's a matter of principle for me after what was said. I will give them a chance to make amends. The bottom line is they had a widely advertised (I saw coupons just about everywhere for the free radio) special and I still have no radio!

I'll keep everyone posted on the status.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.