Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get it to spray properly, it's my first time using it but I had a couple professonal painters try it too, we tried a couple of different guns. different pressures, different mixtures ( more reducer) and it sprays like crap, seems like very little is coming out of the gun by the time you get color it wants to run, it is going on very thin ( blotchy) and still it runs, I need to get this done it looks like I won't be making any money on this one ...just another lesson learned for future jobs, anyone have experience with this product or a similar experience with other epoxy primes????? I've sprayed other epoxy primes with these same guns with out issue so I'm a little baffuled..... and pissed

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
First thing is first. What type of gun's have you tried? Airless, Conventional, Gravity Fed Cup, Suction Cup, HVLP??????????????? This has to be answered first, then we need to know what size tip are you using, how much reduction was used and also, what does the Product Data Sheet recommend for Application??????

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried a HVLP with a 1.7 tip and a gravity cup with a 1.4 tips, tried reducing it 10% by volume (like I was told to do) and then about 15 to 20% and nothing worked, I have sprayed cheap 2 part epoxy with this set up before with zero problems so I'm thinking there might be a problem with the primer itself, the activator was so thick it looked like body filler with clear liquide on top till we mixed it up good, I have never seen anything this thick in a can but yet it comes out like water.

·
Mr Blaster
75 Posts
Dupont Corlar epoxy primer will not stay suspended in its' reducer. You need to have it shaken by a dealer, or in your own shaker. If you have to use tomorrow, the shaking process has to be repeated. This stuff is usually applied by brush, or mini roller. Isnt this stuff costing about $200 plus a gallon? There are much better products for the dollar out there. CM15 by Gulf Coast Products, or MacroPoxy from SW.

MrBlaster

1 - 4 of 4 Posts