Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my new website, there is a contact form for people to submit their information. How important is a privacy policy for the site?

Is there a generic privacy policy out there somewhere that I could use, or do I need to pay my attorney another grand to write one up for me?

Also, for the site content, do I need to copywright it, and if so, what does that process involve?

Thanks.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,702 Posts
Having a posted policy may give more people that warm and fuzzy feeling about sending you their personal information over the net.

·
Sean
5,519 Posts
You should have one - you can google it, check out your hosting providers site (some have generic ones out there) or feel free to borrow mine (just change the names)

You should also put the copyright notice up - you are automatically protected but there is something about enforcement being easier if registered - one more thing to google (sorry it has been awhile since I researched it)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should have one - you can google it, check out your hosting providers site (some have generic ones out there) or feel free to borrow mine (just change the names)

You should also put the copyright notice up - you are automatically protected but there is something about enforcement being easier if registered - one more thing to google (sorry it has been awhile since I researched it)
Thanks a million!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts