Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hardware is a Compaq Presario S5200NX and an HP Deskjet 5150. OS is XP.

Everything is working fine until I get an HP w2338h monitor for christmas and installed the software.

I paid my phone bill, printed the reciept and I got the header, logo and a bunch of black lines where all of the info should have been.

Went to HP diagnostics and found that I needed a service pack. Downloaded and installed that. Now it makes all of the motions/sounds of printing and spits out white paper.

Tonight I called overseas, spit out info for 1/2 an hour and was told that it was a printer problem and I'd have to pay to fix it. BS! I repeatedly stated that the printer worked perfectly until I installed the new monitor software and the patch.

Any ideas would be helpful.

·
Carpe Diem
20,717 Posts
Hardware is a Compaq Presario S5200NX and an HP Deskjet 5150. OS is XP.

Everything is working fine until I get an HP w2338h monitor for christmas and installed the software.

I paid my phone bill, printed the reciept and I got the header, logo and a bunch of black lines where all of the info should have been.

Went to HP diagnostics and found that I needed a service pack. Downloaded and installed that. Now it makes all of the motions/sounds of printing and spits out white paper.

Tonight I called overseas, spit out info for 1/2 an hour and was told that it was a printer problem and I'd have to pay to fix it. BS! I repeatedly stated that the printer worked perfectly until I installed the new monitor software and the patch.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Just a shot in the dark.....

Unplug printer from puter and uninstall ALL software relating to printer.

Now, just plug printer in via USB and let Windows do what it wants. I have found in the past, Windows-based drivers are sometimes more friendly than the actual manufacturer drivers.

Good luck.

·
Doer of Many Things!!!
837 Posts

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the delay, family problems abound.

Your suggestions worked like a charm! I just printed another invoice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts