Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.elance.com

Everyone might already be aware of this site, but if not, I've found it really useful. It's basically a place to find graphic artists, programmers-- you name it-- to do small contract work via a bidding process. It's pretty handy and with a little research you can get a professional result for a lot less $$ than might be available locally.

FYI-- I have NO relationship w/ these folks ... just thought others might like it.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Yes,
I have used the service and it is a very good way to get professional work done at resonable prices.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
what's the deal with providing them credit card info as ID verification? I'm VERY leary of putting such info "out there" in the big open room that is the www. Have you ever had a problem with inappropriate billlings?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pipeguy, I'm the same way about credit cards.. Knock on wood- I have not had any issues, with them or otherwise. If I remember correctly, when I signed up (been awhile) providing a card was an option. They sold it as a way of improving the quality of the bids you'd receive-- ie providers would take your project request more seriously.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
I've used the service 3 times in the past few years and have not had any problems. I have had problems with other places like Yahoo but never with Elance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have also used these services. I used it for professional, quick and cheap logo conversion. I am satisfied with it.

Thanks

Will
LunaLogo.com

·
Registered
539 Posts
hmmmmm......

www.elance.com

Everyone might already be aware of this site, but if not, I've found it really useful. It's basically a place to find graphic artists, programmers-- you name it-- to do small contract work via a bidding process. It's pretty handy and with a little research you can get a professional result for a lot less $$ than might be available locally.

FYI-- I have NO relationship w/ these folks ... just thought others might like it.

isn't that basically what everyone's complaining that the lead services are doing?

Don't get me wrong,....I'm all about saving a buck when it's possible....But in essence, this is pretty much the same thing all of us find ourselves doing,....dealing with the lead services who send the homeowners' name to every contractor out there, and it then becomes a "low-balling" process.

Just my thoughts,.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts