Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I live in CA, working as a supcontracteor installing kitchen cabinets, I get paied from prim after I finish the work.
usually ther is a gray area when I sign the contract. I agree on for example 5 days to finish the jop but allawys there is a delay from the prim side, like, not enough material or missing or shortage, and this case a lots of trouble between us (mony issues).
can I send prelim notice even after the job has been started and how I garantee my money if he not paying what I telling him.
Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
monlover said:
Hi,
I live in CA, working as a supcontracteor installing kitchen cabinets, I get paied from prim after I finish the work.
usually ther is a gray area when I sign the contract. I agree on for example 5 days to finish the jop but allawys there is a delay from the prim side, like, not enough material or missing or shortage, and this case a lots of trouble between us (mony issues).
can I send prelim notice even after the job has been started and how I garantee my money if he not paying what I telling him.
Thank you for your time.

UHHHH??? :eek: I did not get much out of your post. Sorry I can not help.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I didn't get much from that either and I'm a custom cabinet manufacturer.
American english can be funny at times, try it again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
20 days preliminary Notice

:rolleyes: [I’m so sorry of making it so hard for you guys to get my point, but here we go I will be very clear.
As a subcontractor making living installing kitchens and other carpenter work, I usually get paid from the general contractor (prim contractor) after the job is done.
But as every one knows it’s really a very slim chance to finish the project with out 3RD party problem. Problems could be material shortage such as crown molding or broken door etc.
My point is do I have to send 20 days preliminary notice to the owner and contractor to cover my self in case of having trouble getting my money due to 3RD party Problem??

Thank you :Thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts