Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in the inspection industry for a long time, and I have added property preservation now to my business, but I was using contractors, now I would like to take the work on for myself but I am not how to fairly charge. Is there someone out there that can give me a guideline as what to charge for lawns, winterizations, painting, boarding, securing, clean outs sales clean, etc, etc. There must be something out there to show the basics but I have not found anything. Thank you. [email protected] or 603-529-7441

·
Tile Contractor
1,249 Posts
You've been in the inspection industry for a long time and you have no knowledge of where to find pricing???

BULLDROPPINGS!!!

The construction industry is full of reference books that break it down to the minute and to the penny. Anyone close to this business would know that, and would be able to spout the names of the more popular guides without thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I have been in the inspection industry for a long time, and I have added property preservation now to my business, but I was using contractors, now I would like to take the work on for myself but I am not how to fairly charge. Is there someone out there that can give me a guideline as what to charge for lawns, winterizations, painting, boarding, securing, clean outs sales clean, etc, etc. There must be something out there to show the basics but I have not found anything. Thank you. [email protected] or 603-529-7441

Easy:

1. No license, no insurance, no nothing, etc.. =>> Handyman rate (less than $500 per service call, etc.

2. No name, no address, or fly-by-nite operations, etc. =>> Craig-List rate

3. Exchange or bartening your work for other things & property pieces, etc.. =>> See above (Tree-fiddy rate) :whistling

·
strat hd
1,695 Posts
I don't know. However, I do know that I don't like mowing lawns, or painting, or moving furniture. I'm also thinking about joining the church of scientology, I hear they have the answers we all seek. :thumbsup:

·
General Contractor
8,079 Posts
If you a busy contractor and you don't have time to put together a bid for material,OH and labor, you can use National Standardized Pricing which was approved by Contractor Talk Members and Association - Tree Fitty per SF :thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts