Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a fair square foot price for a contractor to charge me just to tape and mud drywall for me...meaning the drywall is already hung all they have to do is tape and mud it because I don't feel comfortable doing that...Any assistance would be greatly appreciated..Don't want to get over charged..Thanks

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
747, I'm assuming your a pilot.

The reason your getting no answer here is kinda like me comming into your cockpit and asking you to take off and land only, I need to save money and have plenty of time to steer.:Thumbs:

Try the DIY link at the forum Index page.

Bob

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pricing YEAH!!

How it was hung is a major point. If you walk out of the job with the scraps in your back pocket! I'm running the other way!
How broken up the job is, such as angles, arches and so on! I would say no less than 50 to 60 cents a sq.ft. and go up from there.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
lpsonbuilders said:
How it was hung is a major point. If you walk out of the job with the scraps in your back pocket! I'm running the other way!
How broken up the job is, such as angles, arches and so on! I would say no less than 50 to 60 cents a sq.ft. and go up from there.

PipeGuy said:
I expect he'd want about $500 to tape, block, skim a 12 x 12 room - more if the level of skill demonstrated by the DIY'er really aggravated him.
12 x12 room w/ 8' ceiling = about 530 sf @ $.60/sf = $320 "and go up from there."

Be careful not to pass out waiting for someone to tell you 15 cents a sq. ft. is reasonable. :D

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
lpsonbuilders said:
Pipe,
Are you saying, you would work for 15 cent sq.ft.? Or Dry humor ;)
I'm saying "don't hold your breath" waiting for someone to say that they'd do it for cheap. What I should have said is "Hey tightwad! Stop wasting your time posting internet queries and get busy soliciting quotes from the guys who might actually do this work for you.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
747 said:
What is a fair...price for a contractor to charge me. Don't want to get over charged..Thanks
A "fair" price? Fair has more to do with what you'll pay then it does with what someone wants to charge you.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:Thumbs: :Thumbs: Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it. Yes I'm a pilot for american airlines. The room is just a regular room no fancy angles or anything. :Thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts