Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wats the best way to price a sheetrocking job?per board or by sqft?and how much do u add for taping and painting

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Where are you located first off?
Second, how big is the job?
Third, how high are the ceilings?
Fourth, what texture?
Lastly, what kind of beer is on the job?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hours times dollars equals total plus (material times 2) plus tax

example

10 hrs x 40.00 = 400.00
50.00 materials x 2= 100.00
subtotal= 500.00 x .03= 15.00
total 515.00

then send me 10% for consultation :w00t:

·
Banned
297 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Hi Jack,
The best way is by the sq ft, you can use wall sq ft but i use floor sq ft works great.

like this

100 sq ft room (on the floor) with walls only

I would have to charge about $5 a sq ft (this is modest)that includes everything. So @ $500 now

Now ad $300 for the paint an primer.

so for every 100 sq ft of house charge $800 fully finished.

There is more complicated ways to do it but the number ends up the same, so stick to this.

if you have to do the ceiling, add 30% to everthing.

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
Save the mods a little time... just edit this...

Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread will probably soon be closed.

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
wats the best way to price a sheetrocking job?per board or by sqft?and how much do u add for taping and painting

and to answer your question...

A LOT...I hate painting....boring...:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts