Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Pricing & bidding vinyl 55 1/2 paper

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Sue's Wallpaper 
#1 ·
What is the going rate per square foot removing and laying on vinyl 55 1/2 inch wall paper? including glue, and labor. no paper included in this bid.

#3 ·
What is a "going rate"?
I do not understand the concept.
I have some rates for some of the work I do but it always changes do to...well, lots of things. Could be the client is a friend or an A-H0le (different "going rate" there).
If I do the work and I like to do it...different rate.
Have a sub do the work...different rate.
Not too many contractors bidding the job...different rate.
Unlicensed, drug addled hacks or illegals bidding...different rate.
I didn't get any the knight before...different rate.
Think I can make a good bit of money on the job...different rate.

Come to think of it you must be asking about the "official-super-secret-government-mandated-vinyl-55-1/2-paper-'going-rate'-for-all-localities" rate that all free-born men as contractors must charge for all vinyl work performed.

Don't know it.

I hope this is a help.

Andy.

#4 ·
lol

lol well yea it is the super secret government stuff that means charge more right lol jk well there is standard rates <Going Rate> for some things that will move a little up and down depending on the area and a few other key points but i get what you are saying.:thumbsup:

#9 ·
What is the going rate per square foot removing and laying on vinyl 55 1/2 inch wall paper? including glue, and labor. no paper included in this bid.[/quo

I am not sure what it is per square foot. But I usually figure out how many single rolls, which is $15 or $20 per single roll, they figure the cost of the entire room. If you need a pasting machine, I have one for sale. It will cut the installation time by at least 1/2 the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.