Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Granite Slab Pricing:It can be difficult to find out the price of granite slabs to the contractor. Checked today for pricing from one supplier of Granite Slabs here in Illinois:

• Giallo Foritto: 115" x 75" $800
  • Giallo Vincenza: 126" x 76" $1080
  • Giallo Ornamental: 118" x 72" $730
  • Giallo Napole: 113" x 75" $804
This may not be true wholesale since the fabricators are giving me an end price of $525 - $575 per kitchen counter-top (2 per slab) with the sink cut and beveling. Add the delivery of the counter to their shop and my job-site and I don't see how they could be making any money.

It was difficult, if not impossible, to get a straight answer from the counter-top fabricator subs as to the differences between the tiers of granite when pricing their material. Now, I see why. As a GC, I am sensitive to our profit margins and nobody likes a bait and switch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Granite price

Can't believe they are so cheap . Maybe they are prefabricated made in china.Here in Michigan I got guys that do granite for 38 $ and up a sq ft on granite countertops. And that is considered a good price knowing that the real price is 60 ,70 to 80 dollars at the stores

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
If you are buying a finished product
whay are you worrying about
raw material prices?

·
Wood Butcher
977 Posts
The question I have is are those prices for 3/4" with a laminated profile edge or are they for a full 1 1/4" granite?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts