Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
undefined[/FON
For all the lawn care people out there. Have you raised prices for lawncare as a result of higher gas prices? If so, by how much. I am in the first year of lawncare and am a little weary of charging more to by new customers...but at the same time, gas prices have not come down at all. Any advice out there? :cool:

U

·
0 Posts
Grassman said:
undefined[/FON
For all the lawn care people out there. Have you raised prices for lawncare as a result of higher gas prices? If so, by how much. I am in the first year of lawncare and am a little weary of charging more to by new customers...but at the same time, gas prices have not come down at all. Any advice out there? :cool:

How much gas could you be possibly using for lawn care? You should be making enough in your profits to cover the rising cost as of yet. If you were to raise it, is it worth raising 2 dollars or less to cover the increasing cost to your customer. seems to me you might wind up losing some customers next season.

·
Registered
6 Posts
gas prices

We raised prices at the first of 2004 mowing season on select customers to cover rise on fuel cost. Most of these were due for increases anyway and we only raised them $5 dollars more from original prices. No one complained at all or even bothered to mention it.
Ryan

Grassman said:
undefined[/FON

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
My lawn company has not raised their rates but I wouldn't blame them if they did. Everything is going up but nothing matches fuel and that's what you guys run on.
I'm currently trying to figure out where I can make some adjustments.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We are going up $1 for all except the ones we raised last year. We are eliminating fuel surcharge from last year. Why should I make less?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts