Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wish I had a picture of this young lady to post for you guys. She's a property manager we've worked for for years. Late 20's, petite, dresses skimpy & covered with tattoo murals & plenty of piercings. Never know from one time to the next, what 3 colors of hair she's going to have. Speaks pretty vulgar & has no filter. If she thinks it, she says it. Not at all unpleasant to look at either.

Couple months ago, we were completely reworking an open stairway for her. New treads, risers, spindles ect. We were talking & she was complaining about the drywallers. They had gotten quite a bit of dirt on fresh painted walls. She says, "did they have to finger f**k the whole wall?"

Very animated young lady, and a lot of fun to work around. Her father was a home builder when I was young in the trades. I've worked with her brothers over the years, I'm pretty sure she grew up on jobsites learning to talk to the subs from her old man & brothers

She's worked her way up from managing low rent properties, to higher end investors. Which means, she brings me a lot nicer projects with better budgets now.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In sales, we call that kind of message a "buying sign." Now, just close the deal.

Deal was closed when I said I can build it.

She commented yesterday that she couldn't believe I could just look at a picture & draw & build what was in the picture.

I love big mouth clients like her, because they tell everyone who will listen when they're satisfied with a job well done. No amount of money can buy that kind of advertising.

·
Registered
Custom
13,179 Posts
Deal was closed when I said I can build it.

She commented yesterday that she couldn't believe I could just look at a picture & draw & build what was in the picture.

I love big mouth clients like her, because they tell everyone who will listen when they're satisfied with a job well done. No amount of money can buy that kind of advertising.
Good thing she didn't notice that the pic and drawing are two different things (I'm sure by design)... she must really like you... (y):LOL:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,661 Posts
Maybe some people are easily impressed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts