Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello and a good day to you all. I’m new here and do many repairs on my own around the house, however I am stumped on something. Recently my husband and I purchased a new home with wooden flooring (Prego I Believe) that I need some pointers on keeping up. Normally keeping up something as simple as a Prego floor wouldn’t be an issue but I have three large dogs and one is still a puppy, this guy I’ll swear carries a pint of water around in his lips and unfortunately it leaves a trail all over this beautiful floor.
My question is this: Is there any type of sealer I can put over this type of flooring to protect it from lifting at the seams. I was told water will make it lift where it had been pieced together and I can see areas where the other owners may have had a problem with that starting.
Please help with some suggestions as I know there must be something out there safe to use.

Thank you all and have a great day.
undefined

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
a towel hung under the dogs mouth is about all I can suggest.
no such sealers exist.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Agreed, I hope you're not too attached to this floor. It may not be compatable with your hoesehold. Your best bet is to keep area rugs where the dogs spend most of their time. Try your best to keep the floor dry.

Sorry for the bad news, don't shoot the messengers please.

Don

·
Registered
8 Posts
pergo crap

funnygirl1960 said:
Hello and a good day to you all. I’m new here and do many repairs on my own around the house, however I am stumped on something. Recently my husband and I purchased a new home with wooden flooring (Prego I Believe) that I need some pointers on keeping up. Normally keeping up something as simple as a Prego floor wouldn’t be an issue but I have three large dogs and one is still a puppy, this guy I’ll swear carries a pint of water around in his lips and unfortunately it leaves a trail all over this beautiful floor.
My question is this: Is there any type of sealer I can put over this type of flooring to protect it from lifting at the seams. I was told water will make it lift where it had been pieced together and I can see areas where the other owners may have had a problem with that starting.
Please help with some suggestions as I know there must be something out there safe to use.

Thank you all and have a great day.
undefined

pergo is a cheap fix its no good 4 anything except 4 trying to seel the place it makes it look good

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
pergo is a cheap fix its no good 4 anything except 4 trying to seel the place it makes it look good

George! Is that you!?!?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I have been working on this problem for about 3 yrs. and have a solution currently going through the patent app. process, unfortunately that is about all that I can tell you. The product should hit the shelves in a year or so.

Good one Flor.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Mike, If you read his other posts it means 'don't let bartov work on your house'. LOL

·
Registered
455 Posts
Or teach me reading comprehension.

I would be interested in hearing about your magic lam juice as soon as you can tell us.

And not for nuthin (or aimed towards you) Its P E R G O! Prego is spaghetti sauce

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Prego is also a malady endemic to the female of the species. While it can be cured, it will run it's course in about 9 mos. Side effects can last a lifetime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts