Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Cordless System are you guys using....

I've been a longtime Panasonic user myself. Batteries last forever, tools are well balanced, and ahem......I've been using their cordless brushless for the last 7+ years ago. Prior to that it was the good Makita's. I've had every iteration of the Pannys from NiMh to LiIon.

The ONLY other cordless brand in the stash is the 18V Bosch Hi Torque Impact Wrench that puts out 500+ lbs.

Everything else is corded. Hilti Hammers, Fein Ossicalting, Good Mix of Festool, etc.

Looking at getting into a different brand where there is more variety of cordless tools in the lineup. Let me hear it. The big dog *Milwaukee* versus Bosch.

I'd err more on the Bosch lineup for reliability, but Milwaukee has almost anything under the moon in both their 12 and 18V lineup.

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
What Cordless System are you guys using....

I've been a longtime Panasonic user myself. Batteries last forever, tools are well balanced, and ahem......I've been using their cordless brushless for the last 7+ years ago. Prior to that it was the good Makita's. I've had every iteration of the Pannys from NiMh to LiIon.

The ONLY other cordless brand in the stash is the 18V Bosch Hi Torque Impact Wrench that puts out 500+ lbs.

Everything else is corded. Hilti Hammers, Fein Ossicalting, Good Mix of Festool, etc.

Looking at getting into a different brand where there is more variety of cordless tools in the lineup. Let me hear it. The big dog *Milwaukee* versus Bosch.

I'd err more on the Bosch lineup for reliability, but Milwaukee has almost anything under the moon in both their 12 and 18V lineup.
Bosch is not the same they were...If you want bosch cordless, try to find the ones made by the Swiss and others...the newer redesigned China stuff is not the same. I have both the old and new 18 volt...the old stuff feels much more solid and has more power. I have given up on anything new from bosch....and not happy about it. New cordless is junk. New gts1031 table saw is junk. New miter saws are junk. I have been going back to Makita...and eyeing festool

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought with Blue, the $$ was still Pro Grade and then they had a cheaper lineup ?

FWIW, I'm on a Kapex, but the Milwaukee saw I had was made in Taiwan....but was better than the Bosch I tried, just heavy as fck.

All of Panasonic tools used to be made in Japan.
Their last 2 iteratons *latest, and 2nd gen from today* are made in China. Hilit SIDS are made in Panasonic's China plant.
Their batteries have and continued to be Japan made - which I feel they are leaders in cordeless batteries, but unknown to many.

County of origin aside,

Comfort/Balance and Battery life make up 50% of the tool for me

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
I thought with Blue, the $$ was still Pro Grade and then they had a cheaper lineup ?

FWIW, I'm on a Kapex, but the Milwaukee saw I had was made in Taiwan....but was better than the Bosch I tried, just heavy as fck.

All of Panasonic tools used to be made in Japan.
Their last 2 iteratons *latest, and 2nd gen from today* are made in China. Hilit SIDS are made in Panasonic's China plant.
Their batteries have and continued to be Japan made - which I feel they are leaders in cordeless batteries, but unknown to many.

County of origin aside,

Comfort/Balance and Battery life make up 50% of the tool for me
It's not so much where they are being made that bothers me....it's the drop in quality that turned me away. I used to only want to buy Bosch because they never let me down...then they did....and the factory service center here is horriable.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I agree, Bosch is crap compared to what it used to be. I had a Bosch 18v lithium drill that lasted a week before I sold it. Battery life sucked and it was uncomfortable. Also felt very cheap.

I am a long time dewalt user but recently got in to the Milwaukee M12 stuff and friggin love it. The drill and brushless impact will likely replace my bigger stuff 95% of the time.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,213 Posts
I use Milwaukee fuel and love them. The batteries are phenomenal. I recently purchased an m18 sds Max roto hammer and it's awesome as well.

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
I use Hilti out of convenience, the local rep has always treated me well and is quick to take care of any problems, but I also only have 2 cordless tools that I use infrequently, for me air tools are much more efficient.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Currently I'm using the new dewalt 20v line. I've used their 18v line for years with no problem. I also have a Bosch 18v LI drill/impact which has served me well too.

All these were gifts, but have served me great.

If I were buying new today, Makita all day.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's interesting about Makita. Makita was my 1st drill set. Blue/Red Batteries. Thought that was awesome till I tried Panasonic. Sometime about 3 years ago, I did test the grey/black Makita and I preferred the Panasonic.

I dunno...Is Makita even a contender for *tool systems* these days.
Seems like it's 75% Milwaukee and 25%Bosch in terms of having X tooling in their battery lineup

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
mobiledynamics said:
It's interesting about Makita. Makita was my 1st drill set. Blue/Red Batteries. Thought that was awesome till I tried Panasonic. Sometime about 3 years ago, I did test the grey/black Makita and I preferred the Panasonic. I dunno...Is Makita even a contender for *tool systems* these days. Seems like it's 75% Milwaukee and 25%Bosch in terms of having X tooling in their battery lineup
Makita has a great lineup of tools! I have Milwaukee now, but there are a few tools that Makita sells that I wish I could get in the Milwaukee brand. Twin battery circ saw and SDS, leaf blower and twin battery chain saw to name a few (though the bar length is a couple of inches short). There is also the 18v Multi-tool. Check out their website.

Milwaukee I think has a better selection for the mechanical trades. They have some great plumbing tools.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts