Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone know where to find prefab concrete window sills,headers and jambs for brick walls.Or even better can I just build the frames myself out of wood then wrap it in aluminum?Is that acceptable and generally up to code.:notworthy

·
Dufus Extrodinaire
159 Posts
Hey does anyone know where to find prefab concrete window sills,headers and jambs for brick walls.Or even better can I just build the frames myself out of wood then wrap it in aluminum?Is that acceptable and generally up to code.:notworthy
err ah gee :blink: lets see...where do you get brick...:whistling

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
Good old Indiana limestone. :thumbsup:
Will out last the house.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Good old Indiana limestone. :thumbsup:
Will out last the house.

What he said. We use Indiana Bedford on a regular basis as it has almost endless possibilities with todays technology in CNC cutting. Many people still seem to confuse Bedford with concrete sills. In my area, decorative pre-cast concrete, such as sills, is real hard to come by, as most of the producers have geared their businesses towards large quantity commercial jobs. In the past, if I would go in looking for a handfull od pre-cast concrete, they have little to no interest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Im not a moron I know how to frame and install windows. Im just not a brick layer SO LAY OFF.The building is small and there are no other windows to compare. Thanks to those with non arrogant or sarcastic comments.

·
Twisted Cameron
314 Posts
There are forms just for pre cast concrete window sills, I have been interested, but a lil scared to spend the money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts