Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to land a job as a shipyard pipefitter.I was a marine pipefitter years ago and completed a pipefitter apprenticeship program at a shipyard that builds submarines for the u.s. navy.I was hoping to get back in the industry as a contract worker and my recruiter says I have to pass a skills test and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this test and what all is involved,are ship blueprints that much different then sub prints? Any information I could get on this subject sure would be helpful so I'd know what to expect or what to try to prepare for.I would hate to travel all that long distance just to bust. Thanks!

·
Banned
846 Posts
I would call the union office and ask, or see if they have a website and look it up, or contact a member of the union and ask. Chances are you could find a member on MySpace or Facebook.

·
General Contractor
8,202 Posts
Every state has different skill test rules. Put the state in your profile then, maybe someone will help you. In NJ skills test, is you work free for a week, so the employer can determine if it worth to put you in the Quick Books. :thumbsup:
I'm trying to land a job as a shipyard pipefitter.I was a marine pipefitter years ago and completed a pipefitter apprenticeship program at a shipyard that builds submarines for the u.s. navy.I was hoping to get back in the industry as a contract worker and my recruiter says I have to pass a skills test and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this test and what all is involved,are ship blueprints that much different then sub prints? Any information I could get on this subject sure would be helpful so I'd know what to expect or what to try to prepare for.I would hate to travel all that long distance just to bust. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.