Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
43,943 Posts
Nice job Carpntrfrk! Those things look heavier then chit! Do you coat them with anything? I've done a lot of rails in my day but never those kind. Although they're very popular around here.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice job Carpntrfrk! Those things look heavier then chit! Do you coat them with anything? I've done a lot of rails in my day but never those kind. Although they're very popular around here.
Thanks!!

The rails and balusters are not too bad but the bases are freakn heavy!

We will spray them down with a concrete sealer.

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
We had to replace a flat roof. There was no drainage so the precast made a nice little pool. We had to lower all of them abd then back up again. Not fun and heavy as hell.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
We had to replace a flat roof. There was no drainage so the precast made a nice little pool. We had to lower all of them abd then back up again. Not fun and heavy as hell.
And did the homeowner notice a couple balusters in the middle span are installed upside down? :thumbup:

EDIT: I see at least 3.... two in the middle and 1 on the right span....but hey, that's less than 10%.........

·
Hair Splitter
18,333 Posts
And did the homeowner notice a couple balusters in the middle span are installed upside down? :thumbup:

EDIT: I see at least 3.... two in the middle and 1 on the right span....but hey, that's less than 10%.........
Yeah we were doing layout and spacing. Had to flip a few, 6 out 7 in all. I forgave them as it was cold and windy that day.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice work !! I used to do a lot of concrete balusters in NJ few years back but last few years it has fallen off a lot. Have you experienced the same by your location ? Thanks

1 - 20 of 42 Posts