Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
handyman
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any trade shows , courses and the like
that anyone has attended that they found helpful in furthering their
powerwashing business . I have been doing more this season , strictly residential . I have been using Sunbrite products , which have worked
for me , but the more I research chemicals and such the more confusing
it all becomes . I've passed on work this year , mostly because I wasn't
sure on how to proceed .

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I am sure there are methods better than mine but we have always just used clorox. Generally we wash to prep for paint but there are the occasional wash onlys. Lately I have been putting in some dawn with the bleach, seems to cling a little bit better and it allows you see where you have good coverage.
Now let the bashing about me using clorox begin!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am sure there are methods better than mine but we have always just used clorox. Generally we wash to prep for paint but there are the occasional wash onlys. Lately I have been putting in some dawn with the bleach, seems to cling a little bit better and it allows you see where you have good coverage.
Now let the bashing about me using clorox begin!
If you're talking about for a soft wash, you are close to the right formula, but you should use 12.5% sodium hypochlorite mixed with water instead of buying Clorox. For your surfactant, you shouldn't use dawn because it will kill the sodium hypochlorite, weakening the potency of the mix. We use "roof snot" as our surfactant and get it from south side equipment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wizzer,

I am in south Jersey as well and would be glad to help you. Pete Marentay who was the founder of Sun Brite and I are good friends as well as Henry Bockman. I would be glad to help you as I just met another contractor in Berlin and offered some help. Just hit me up through here or give me a call. I also have been teaching classes for year and wrote many industry manuals.
http://deckrestorationplus.com/wood-classes-february-march-2014/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts