Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
I got one. Great machine. Of course you have to have good a dust collector, it won't just fall out on the floor.

Bad snipe if you don't have proper out feed tables set up.

I had to replace the infeed/ outfeed rollers after running many thousands of feet through it, and you have to keep the table clean and waxed. I would check the condition of both those items, make some test runs.

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
Looks like your model is more of an open design and maybe could be used without dust collection (although dust collection is always a good idea)

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
Helical head//straight knife......:blink: what head is on it......?

B,
I like my straight knives, but that's probably because I'm old and old fashioned and don't want to learn about anything new.:rolleyes: But I understand the helical heads are a not too expensive upgrade on the powermatic planers.

·
I like Green things
23,010 Posts
The price seems pretty fair if it has been taken care of and in good working shape.

However, I have three 24" planers, about 7500 pounds worth, I paid under that number for all three combined.:laughing:

Probably a good machine, last you a while. not as long as my bentel from the 1870s though.:laughing:

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The price seems pretty fair if it has been taken care of and in good working shape.

However, I have three 24" planers, about 7500 pounds worth, I paid under that number for all three combined.:laughing:

Probably a good machine, last you a while. not as long as my bentel from the 1870s though.:laughing:
I wish I had the room for your toys. :laughing:

·
I like Green things
23,010 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts