Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Knight of Ni!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
electric powered pop rivet gun

Anyone know the best price for rivet guns? The prices for a powered rivet gun are stunning!

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
What type of gun are you looking for? An air blind rivet gun runs around $100.00. Aircraft, buck type, just use an air hammer bit and the buck. Also around $100.00 for the package.

·
Knight of Ni!
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is when pop rivetting ridge or hip caps on standing seam roofing. You have a drill, several duckbill clamps, snips, tape, and then a third hand is needed to operate a two handed riveter. I was hoping a nice electric powered, corded or cordless one handed riveter would be very handy. Actually found one for a mere $700! Just wondering if anyone knew of something?

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is an attachment that will fit on a 1/2" cordless drill. It is called a Rivdrill. Imported by a company called Lobster Tools. You have to buy it through a distributor. The capacity is:
1/8", 5/32", 3/16" aluminum standard rivets
1/8", 5/32" steel standard rivets
1/8" stainless standard rivets

They also have a corded electric tool.

Hope this helps you

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,972 Posts
The problem is when pop rivetting ridge or hip caps on standing seam roofing. You have a drill, several duckbill clamps, snips, tape, and then a third hand is needed to operate a two handed riveter. I was hoping a nice electric powered, corded or cordless one handed riveter would be very handy. Actually found one for a mere $700! Just wondering if anyone knew of something?
An air powered one would be a lot cheaper, I have a Marson that I am really happy with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts