Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Grand Wazoo
4,054 Posts
You can get a bigger conventional water heater cheaper than the upgrade to a power vent, so I can get more hot water for less money. If I really wanted capacity I wouldn't play around with a tank at all and go tankless, I installed a Takagi Mobius one in my sisters house and now my brother in law takes hour long showers on his off days, just because he can.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can get a bigger conventional water heater cheaper than the upgrade to a power vent, so I can get more hot water for less money. If I really wanted capacity I wouldn't play around with a tank at all and go tankless, I installed a Takagi Mobius one in my sisters house and now my brother in law takes hour long showers on his off days, just because he can.
Tankless have some issues as well. Heck all setups have their pros and cons. The thing about getting a bigger tank is, they aren't all that cheap, and, it's not the most efficient use of gas. There is also the issue about the bigger flue and make up air (possibly).

Most househoulds shower up during the same time of the day (before work / school). They don't necessarily need more hot water, they just need a quicker way of heating the water.

·
Future Post Deleter...
1,913 Posts
Just get one with a bigger burner.

Standard 40-50's have a 40k btu burner. You can get the same size/footprint heater with a bigger burner for 100 or so.

And the reason you don't remember your breakfast flash is cause you use too many herbs.

·
Future Post Deleter...
1,913 Posts
flashheatingand said:
Oh, now I see the footprint part. So, if a fella wanted to order said part, what would he call it without getting a quizical look at the supply house?
I just tell the counter guy that I'd like the one with the bigger burner. He knows what's up so I don't have to.

I'll go see if I can find my price book and I'll take a photo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.