Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Power tool for cement block

1727 Views 13 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Jswills76
Looking to buy a power tool to anchor wood trim, 1bys to cement block. Anybody have any suggestions? I would like something on the better side, but not for a business.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Hilti Gun or sds hammer drill and some tapcons
What do you mean by trim? Any power tool is gonna leave big holes to fill/plug.
Michael217 said:
Looking to buy a power tool to anchor wood trim, 1bys to cement block. Anybody have any suggestions? I would like something on the better side, but not for a business.
Reactions: jlsconstruction
I missed the trim part, just use pl premium to blue it on, put something to hold it in place till it sets up
Can you tapcon a 1/2" strip on there and then cut a dado in the back of your trim so you can nail your trim to it?
I've drilled holes in the block and hammered dowels in the block for backing, like 3/4 dowels. Then you have something to shoot a finish nail in. this along with glue should do the trick.
Ive done the same thing but he was looking for power tool to put it into concrete, that I don't know of...
Californiadecks said:
I've drilled holes in the block and hammered dowels in the block for backing, like 3/4 dowels. Then you have something to shoot a finish nail in. this along with glue should do the trick.
Reactions: Calidecks
Is the Hilti Gun the one that gets loaded and shoots out some type of anchor? If so this is something I'm interested in.
Hilti Gun or sds hammer drill and some tapcons
Use a masonry bit , drill hole ,insert piece of wire, hammer a nail in it. Cut off excess wire!
Hilti GX120 is my first choice.
Shoots nails with a .22 blank. I guess that's the best way I can explain it
Michael217 said:
Is the Hilti Gun the one that gets loaded and shoots out some type of anchor? If so this is something I'm interested in.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.