Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of running a pig tail into my trailer to power three double battery chargers. I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if it is even a good idea. I like the idea of leaving my battery chargers in the trailer and running power from a temp. pole on the job. To take it one step further I had an idea to plug the battery chargers into a lamp/appliance timer and plugging in at home. I really don't know about this last idea?? (fire) Thank in advance for anyones input.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good Idea

We have that in two of three tool trailers we run. It works really good. My boss wired it to accommodate either a plug from a pole, or off the generator. He also wired plugs in the trailer in a couple of spots, and florescent lighting fixtures. In the summer and warmer months it works like a charm. Right now, at -20 C, we take the batteries home to defrost and charge.

Graham

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
just insulate the trailer and add a heater, set to 45 degrees and leave everything in the trailer.

It is much better to keep your pneumatic tools above freezing also

·
Time Traveler
233 Posts
You don't have an issue with the heater on? I forgot my glue and caulking systainer at home yesterday because it was -11°C the night before. Good thing I have to go back a finish up when the new doors get in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts