Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
So it's like bandsaw but slower than the second comming of Christ?

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
So it's like bandsaw but slower than the second comming of Christ?
I've used a power hack saw, was faster than I thought it would be. Interesting to watch how the blade raises and lower so it doesn't brush the back of the teeth.

Tom

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I've used a power hack saw, was faster than I thought it would be. Interesting to watch how the blade raises and lower so it doesn't brush the back of the teeth.

Tom
How does it compare to a bandsaw?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
How many strokes per minuet?

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
We had power hack saws in shop class because the band saw was too dangerous for students to use.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How does it compare to a bandsaw?
it cuts straight but not as fast a chop saw and with a lot less sparks.;);)Good in a woodwork shop. Blades are pricey for the good ones

I picked up a 1930s SpeedXa metal/wood bands saw made in England for 4 time that to cut metal so you got a great deal D. We all need to work metal if your a rust junky.

jack
English machines

·
Nail-Bender
4,603 Posts
We had power hack saws in shop class because the band saw was too dangerous for students to use.

In middle school shop, I remember a girl lost half a finger on the band saw when we were making CO2 racers....

Band saws are dangerous. We should outlaw them.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
In middle school shop, I remember a girl lost half a finger on the band saw when we were making CO2 racers....

Band saws are dangerous. We should outlaw them.
I'm going to invent a mechanism that senses human flesh and stops the blade...then make it government mandated....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts