Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,811 Posts
Have been building high efficiency homes as of late. What we've been doing is laying down three layers of 2" foam (one home was 5 layers). Next, 9 mil plastic cut around pipes. The holes cut in the plastic around the pipes are sealed with acoustical sealant. Then, we cut an additional square of plastic tight around each pipe (12" x 12") and seal the edges of that once again with acoustical sealant. Before the pour, each pipe is wrapped with sill-seal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CENTERLINE MV said:
Have been building high efficiency homes as of late. What we've been doing is laying down three layers of 2" foam (one home was 5 layers). Next, 9 mil plastic cut around pipes. The holes cut in the plastic around the pipes are sealed with acoustical sealant. Then, we cut an additional square of plastic tight around each pipe (12" x 12") and seal the edges of that once again with acoustical sealant. Before the pour, each pipe is wrapped with sill-seal.
Sorry I should have been more clear. This is busted up concrete for pipes for a remodel

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
My interpretation of Jacs's earlier post is that he's busted up the basement floor and done some new drain plumbing for a new tub and other fixtures. I think it's possible that he's not talking so much about penetrations as that the new drain pipe will be embedded in the new basement floor, or maybe below it a little, not sure.

Jacs, pictures would help people understand.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
819 Posts
I just pour it

I jackhammer the concrete, so the cuts are jagged...the new concrete sticks no problems w/o rebar

if you smooth cut it id use some rebar

you may be over thinking it to be worried

1 - 8 of 8 Posts