Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
General Construction
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna try to get 3 of the 16 ready to pour by Tuesday 🤟🏻🤟🏻 Anyone get tired of reading plans? 😅 every one has at least 2 inbeds, couple 3’ slabs and everything else is 2’
Sky Bedrock Landscape Archaeological site Slope
Sky Road surface Asphalt Window Urban design
Sleeve Font Art Wall Tints and shades

·
Registered
855 Posts
That's some crazy looking formwork.
Get yourself some Symons Forms (or rent) and save yourself a sh!tload of time and money. You could have them poured by now.

·
Registered
General Construction
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And yes there’s way more bracing to go on but wanted to get all the mats and inbeds done before the final grade and bracing. All corners are wrapped in metal, metal at all splices. Backfilled part of the 3 ft forms today to prevent blowouts…the small pour is 42 yards ~170,000 lbs worth of mud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
General Construction
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya these have an olive drab coating on the faces and blue on edges, they all started out as 4x8 sheets, ripped them down to sets of 1’, 2’ and 3’, left a set full. Once this jobs done just stack them up and they’re ready for the next, quick and easy. Got the top mat for the debarker all woven into the debarker inbed today, what a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
General Construction
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What do you use for ties in those?

I feel like if I tried to build a box like that it would explode when we filled it.
For tieing rebar? Tie wire. On the corner we have steel corner brackets like this. The lateral bars on the upper mats run through our I beam and horizontals will sit on top the I beam cross braces all tied together. To support the inbeds it’s 3 verticals per corner tied to the bottom Mat and placed on top of Dobeys to prevent sag and then verticals scattered down the sides, extra bar was added to the bottom mat so that we could weld every other vertical and still maintain the rating of the bar.

·
Registered
General Construction
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Fly it all in with the crane and set the inbed pads to grade, after the upper mat is all tied in tomorrow I can set the form back to grade and add all the bracing

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
For tieing rebar? Tie wire. On the corner we have steel corner brackets like this. The lateral bars on the upper mats run through our I beam and horizontals will sit on top the I beam cross braces all tied together. To support the inbeds it’s 3 verticals per corner tied to the bottom Mat and placed on top of Dobeys to prevent sag and then verticals scattered down the sides, extra bar was added to the bottom mat so that we could weld every other vertical and still maintain the rating of the bar.

I meant ties for the wall, from one side to the other to keep them from moving around when you pour.

·
Registered
General Construction
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I meant ties for the wall, from one side to the other to keep them from moving around when you pour.
Ahh, we took scrap 2x4 and plywood, plywood sits against the inbed, 2x4 sits on the top. 2 per corner and screwed off to the edge of the form, locks it all in

1 - 20 of 42 Posts