Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gus' thread made me think a little more about my posting....I want to spin his thoughts in another direction...

I'm an employee...I'm a tradesman, and I'm proud of what I do....I want to share my work with other members of CT!

I've been good (I think) about not making MY company public since I'm just me and my thoughts/feelings do NOT represent the thoughts and feelings of the company as a whole.

Also, I'm going to be posting lots of pics of my current project. Could that get me in trouble in some way I'm not aware of?

What's appropriate to post?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Gus' thread made me think a little more about my posting....I want to spin his thoughts in another direction...

I'm an employee...I'm a tradesman, and I'm proud of what I do....I want to share my work with other members of CT!

I've been good (I think) about not making MY company public since I'm just me and my thoughts/feelings do NOT represent the thoughts and feelings of the company as a whole.

Also, I'm going to be posting lots of pics of my current project. Could that get me in trouble in some way I'm not aware of?

What's appropriate to post?
Ask you boss for permission, and to be real safe ask for it in writing. You do know that everyone on the internet can access this site?:eek:

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ask you boss for permission, and to be real safe ask for it in writing. You do know that everyone on the internet can access this site?:eek:
Yeah, I'm totally aware!...I'm sure if someone else from my company came here and dug deep enough they'd know who I am!...I stay pretty anonamous when it comes to who I work for.

Thanks for your reply, I should talk to my PM, but I don't wanna leave a cookie trail either!....

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I can appreciate where you are coming from.
You shouldn't do anything that you feel questionable about. If you feel a twinge of hesitation about a post then I think it's time to step away from the keyboard and rethink what you are doing.

In your case I would think you might wanna talk to your boss after you chat with the HO. I'm not a real paper work kinda guy so I wouldn't be asking anybody to sign anything.

Just share yourself, speak about your passion to learn and your commitment to becoming better at your craft. Weave this site into the conversation as one of your favorite places to feed those passions.

Then ask if there would be any trouble with posting pics of the progress. And that you want to do that because of how proud you are about the project.

If you are true to yourself in a situation like that, it would take a cold heart to turn you down.

If that doesn't work, screw them and post anyway.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
You should never admit who you really are online. Never know when the passion of the moment will come back to haunt you ten years down the road (in court). If anyone is really worried about who you claim to be, they shouldn't be looking on the internet chat rooms in the 1st place.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
You should never admit who you really are online. Never know when the passion of the moment will come back to haunt you ten years down the road (in court). If anyone is really worried about who you claim to be, they shouldn't be looking on the internet chat rooms in the 1st place.
Don't know about you, but in life I try extremely hard to do nothing that I would be ashamed of....Embarrassing now that's a different matter:laughing:

There is a difference

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Don't know about you, but in life I try extremely hard to do nothing that I would be ashamed of....Embarrassing now that's a different matter:laughing:

There is a difference
I'm not you. I've done quite a few things I'd not want my family or friends to know about. I ain't a saint. Never wanted to be one. I'm sure, I'll do quite a few more things, I'd not want people to know about. Of course, I ain't no choir boy either....:whistling

·
wannabe
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I'll just post pics as I feel inclined to....after all, they own the property, but not the project until the final payment....I just won't name names.

Gus' thread yesterday just gave me a reality check....If anyone is curious who my employer is, PM me and I'll be happy to disclose more info.

If a client happens on this site and recognizes the project, so be it, as long as I'm not posting private information. I think it would be a compliment in my situation...

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,297 Posts
If a client happens on this site and recognizes the project, so be it, as long as I'm not posting private information. I think it would be a compliment in my situation...
I make up the odd brochure now and then with pics of my work. Without exception, past clients who see their job in one of them are just plain tickled about it. :thumbsup:

Of course, you need to use some common sense. You don't show a set of pics that allow someone to identify where a house is, with one of them incidentally showing Mrs. HO's diamond tiara sitting on the powder table. :shifty:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts