Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine in longmont colorado owns TLC moving and storage ,and one day I walked in his office and he had all the addresses and names of everyone in longmont and boulder printed out on little stickys that you just put on thje outside of your flyer and drop them in the mail(marketing).How is this possible?I called the local post office here and asked and they said they can't help,anyone have any ideas.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
There are marketing companies that compile customer lists and provide other services such as the lables or an entire ad program. Most can target specified areas like just rich folks or homes purchased within the last 6 mos.
These people bug me all of the time.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Most can target specified areas like just rich folks or homes purchased within the last 6 mos.
It's actually scary how targeted they can get

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Teetorbilt said:
There are marketing companies that compile customer lists and provide other services such as the lables or an entire ad program. Most can target specified areas like just rich folks or homes purchased within the last 6 mos.
These people bug me all of the time.
You know of any big names that might be nationwide so I can look them up in toledo?

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
Mike Finley said:
I like http://www.melissadata.com

Do a carrier route mailing for the cheapest mailing you will ever do.
I just bought my first list from Melissa Data. Target list, 5000 names came to about $352. It's a good company. You could go with a direct mail house but they would charge you a lot more as they are a middle man.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Humble Abode said:
I just bought my first list from Melissa Data. Target list, 5000 names came to about $352. It's a good company. You could go with a direct mail house but they would charge you a lot more as they are a middle man.
I bought a list from info -usa 7000 adresses for $400.55 with postage and flyers I figure 8-900 dollars hopefully the return will be worth it.

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
When I was a teenager I worked for a telemarketing company that got their lists from Haines called criss cross directories... They would get complete books with everyone listed in it usually by phone number prefix but they're also available listed by address. Here's their website: http://www.haines.com/ccdir1.htm

Hope that helps some! :Thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts