Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a post puller for residential. Mainly to be used to remove driven posts that were placed in the wrong location. I do not want to damage the posts. I use 2-3/8 thru 1-5/8 diameter, 20 and 40 wt, sometimes black powder coat. Any suggestions? I would be okay with a manual or auto just mainly not trying to ruin material. Thanks everyone,

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,123 Posts
Cemented in? those can be a real pain to pull sometimes. Have seen where they sometimes use a tire and or rim when pulling to get the up lift on the post.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I would buy 3 10 foot 4 x 4’s and set them up like a tripod using a chain at the top, then I attach a come along to the chain and onto the post, I also use the same technique when pulling out old concrete sono tubes.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I use a set up similar to Sno. I’ve found a little giant ladder with a 4x4 across the top, nylon strap around the 4x4 with a chain fall for pulling out post works great.
Also works great for lifting heavy beams to get a lift under them.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
oh that’s definitely going in my toolbox!
I use a set up similar to Sno. I’ve found a little giant ladder with a 4x4 across the top, nylon strap around the 4x4 with a chain fall for pulling out post works great.
Also works great for lifting heavy beams to get a lift under them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a bunch of T posts I wanted to remove and give to a friend. He came over with an old style bumper jack and about 2' of stout metal chain and pulled them out quite easily. Check out this youtube video, the process is pretty much the same:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts