Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Todd
848 Posts
Updated the mobile truck this week. I found these Atlas copco modified 390cfm units on Ebay about 2 1/2 years ago and was in contact with the seller. I just happened to search my emails and hit him up if he had anymore and I was in luck! His last one was still mounted in a box truck. After a large amount logistics it showed up and I got it mounted today.

I had to cut a door in the side so it would flow the air out...not to big of a deal. Local box truck company around the corner knocked it out in less than a day.

Since the compressor was modified for its last application and the fuel tank was removed I had to add one. I located a 50gallon off of the same model truck but for the opposite side of the rail and with a little bit of modifications got it nicely snug in its new home.

I reused the cradle I built for the Airman 185 that I removed..this time I sent through one of the powder shops I deal with since it was out.

I still need to run fuel lines and build exhaust. The unit is aftercooled and was originally a towable but since the previous owner ordered so many the Dealer cut them up and modified them to fit in a box truck. He used them for blast cleaning internal water pipes prior to shooting an epoxy lining to restore the insides of the pipe.

·
Todd
848 Posts
Thanks Jim! I have work booked and I can't get it ready fast enough..the down time wasn't something I was looking forward to and I kept the airman but I am dreading having to actually pull it somewhere now that the Atlas Copco is actually bolted in.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
So after getting my second truck on the road, the first original truck went off the road...
can't complain, she died with 380,000 miles and did a lot of work.
got letters on the new red truck (which is the same year) in a hurry and got back to work.
to bad I cant keep it clean with all the roads covered in snow and grime.

Attachments

·
Todd
848 Posts
Jim, did I miss where you mentioned you crashed your old truck? Glad you are alright...were you loaded when it happened?:blink::laughing: I actually meant loaded with gear!

I love your truck Barrier islands! C series fords are great work horses and usually you can never go wrong in one of those as your business vehicle. It looks like it's in great shape to!

·
2,018 Posts
Jim, did I miss where you mentioned you crashed your old truck? Glad you are alright...were you loaded when it happened?:blink::laughing: I actually meant loaded with gear!

I love your truck Barrier islands! C series fords are great work horses and usually you can never go wrong in one of those as your business vehicle. It looks like it's in great shape to!
Todd, My oldest son crashed, actually had just unloaded everything it was going to the shop to get a make over..lol ! Really. (got one now!)
everyone is ok, no injury's. shes going to the scrap yard.
some days I need to get loaded...:drink:

Barrier, truck looks great!! :thumbup:

·
2,018 Posts
Failed to mention that My son hit a NEW 2015 parked cop car.. :laughing:
another accident on a corner was going on and the cop parked his car so no one else would hit the crash... :wallbash::oops:
the picture of the truck was taken off the news at 6.. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Failed to mention that My son hit a NEW 2015 parked cop car.. :laughing:
another accident on a corner was going on and the cop parked his car so no one else would hit the crash... :wallbash::oops:
the picture of the truck was taken off the news at 6.. LOL
Hope no one was hurt.

Jim... that's one way to get your business mentioned in the news. :eek:

·
2,018 Posts
Back when my first compressor
broke down, I rented one but couldn't
load everything in my truck, I drove around
doing jobs like this till I could by a new one.
hey got to start somewhere ....

Attachments

161 - 180 of 197 Posts