Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

121 - 140 of 197 Posts

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
Buzzy, I noticed you have tie raps on your hose...
Over time you will find the hose will wear out in those spots.
Electric tape is better to use

The hose swells and the tie raps will not give, cutting into the hose.
The electric tape moves with the hose..

Just my two cents.

·
Sandblaster
10 Posts
Well I have it on ebay for 75K or best offer. To most it seems high but once a person realizes how nice it is to have everything you need always with you it makes more sense. The price is negotiable but as with everything I will not give it away and I need to be compensated for the time and material I have put into it

407 832 8400

·
Registered
10 Posts
Make me an offer, you never know. I would like to sell everything I have that relates to sandblasting and get out of the business. I have lots of extra stuff. I can't loose money on the sale but I'm not looking to retire on the proceeds either. Being such a specific peice of equipment I understand the market is small and I will need to consider any "reasonable" offers.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
Did a Boat today, had time while my helper was blasting.
took a ladder and got up high to get the whole shot.

just thought it was a cool shoot of my trailer..

(boat was a 38' Down East Style, Tuna Boat)

:blink:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've read though most of the posts on this forum and learned a lot of valuable information. I own a sandblasting a painting business and I'm fairly new to it (6 months running) It has really taken off and I want to expand into the mobile blasting area. I know the basics but if someone could break down what all I would need to blast oilfield equipment that would be great.

I know I want my own trailer with a 185 cfm compressor and a pretty sizeable blast pot. Not sure what sized plumbing and nozzles to put on and so forth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've read though most of the posts on this forum and learned a lot of valuable information. I own a sandblasting a painting business and I'm fairly new to it (6 months running) It has really taken off and I want to expand into the mobile blasting area. I know the basics but if someone could break down what all I would need to blast oilfield equipment that would be great.

I know I want my own trailer with a 185 cfm compressor and a pretty sizeable blast pot. Not sure what sized plumbing and nozzles to put on and so forth.
You are going to need a bigger compressor (375 cfm) #6 nozzle and at least a 600lbs pot self feeding would be ideal. We do things on a slightly more professional basis north of the border, because we can not compete with your huge labour pool in the US, thus we need to be efficient and quality oriented. If you run your business in this manner down there you will win large oilfield customers and make a good living. Trust me though when I say you need to be professional in all manners and the first step is getting the right equipment for the job. I have been doing what you are thinking of doing for 25 years now, and I am very successful at it. Nearly all my customers are oilfield related, and they demand high quality work. If you would like more info check out SSPC on everything blasting and coating related, or feel free to contact me with your questions.

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
So, you guys with the mounted pots...Kill and Plaza, you just run a hundred feet or more of blast hose? Sounds like it would get heavy filled with media and hard for the compressor to push it out. Harder to change media mid stream too. How do you handle those things? I have a smaller pot and I pull it in to a home if I need to and I have gone down an embankment to work on an overpass. I just had to drop the lighter weight air line down to the pot.

121 - 140 of 197 Posts