Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 197 Posts

·
Todd
848 Posts
Sweet! Bought out of Orlando....I looked at it a couple times but felt it was a little too much to have sit most of the time...I do like the set up though...probably got a decent deal as it was on eBay and for sale for awhile...

Where is your location?

·
Sandblaster
10 Posts
No I am the only owner, built it myself. I do have it on Ebay as we speak and had it on there awhile back. I have my entire business for sale. I have been blasting since 1984 so I am ready for a change. If you know anybody that may be interested please let me know.

·
Todd
848 Posts
I like it...I've checked it out multiple times on eBay...like I said though it is a rig built for grit and shooting lots of it for larger jobs..I am not finding long ,large jobs in Florida...I feel it might sit too much for me otherwise I would snap it up...

·
Todd
848 Posts
Went and checked the auction again...

Price go up?

And it says a customer contact list will be provided...do you work steady and have ongoing daily work or are you riding the ups and downs like most of us?

·
Sandblaster
10 Posts
Price did go up but I have included everything I have that has to do with sandblasting, the initial sale was for the truck and limited items. Now I have a spare pot, 3 mud hog pumps, airless sprayer, two complete helmet set ups, numerous air conditioners and nozzles and hundreds of feet of hose. Literally 15 plus years of collecting items that have to do with sandblasting. For the right person it is a heck of a deal.

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
Can someone set a link on here, can't find it
Blaster 1. Put you name and number on here, might get a side bid off bay?

Looks like a nice rig!
I'd be all over that, but the economy is screwing with us bad right now.

·
Sandblaster
10 Posts
Yes I do have steady work here in Orlando, I mainly sandblast swimming pools and work for several pool contractors. I have been working with them for 10-15 years now so they now what they are getting when they call me. I usuall have two or three real nice paying jobs a year that makes it all worth while. I am a one man business so overhead is low

Here is a link to the add on Ebay, I hope it works.

If not search Sullair or Bullard on Ebay and it will come up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330600006114&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

·
Sandblaster
10 Posts
I do all of my pool sandblasting wet so there is no dust to deal with. I use the pump to pump out the sand and water while I am blasting. I usually get anywhere from 5 to 15 pools a month, the 15 being in the busy part of the season. During the fall I do less pools but the ones I do get are usually larger commercial pools so it all works out.

·
Sandblaster
10 Posts
Pricing is based on the size of the pool of course, anywhere from 400 to 1200 is average. I am pretty low on my prices but I get lots of work and it makes up for it.

I pump the sand out onto a tarp or in the yard, when the water runs out and the sand dry some I then put it in a hopper I have on my truck to haul it away. I have a peice of property that I spread it out on.

·
Sandblaster
10 Posts
No the sand I carry, 20/30 silica is in the rear portion. It is sand hopper that sits on top of a 600 lb pot. The sand self feeds into the pot each time you shut down, it holds about 6500 lbs of media.

You should buy it from me!

·
2,018 Posts
No the sand I carry, 20/30 silica is in the rear portion. It is sand hopper that sits on top of a 600 lb pot. The sand self feeds into the pot each time you shut down, it holds about 6500 lbs of media.

You should buy it from me!
I'd love too, my funds go to my 6 family members and the rest to run the business.. Lol

We are growing every year,(sandblasting that is) and it's getting to the point to move up. I'm just taking it slowly, not to get over my head.
It is a very nice rig!

If I knew my business was going to go this good when I first started, I would have got with a set up like yours.

I probably have as much invested in equipment, as what your selling it for.

It would be a great investment for someone new!!! :thumbsup:

·
2,018 Posts
So, we finally moved up to a 260 Ingersoll.
I had my old 185 mounted on the trailer and the blast pots ahead of the compressor.
I found this to be a pain in the a$$ due to I had to pull the truck and tailer halfway to the job.

so this design I moved them to the back. Ive been useing it with the 185 and works well. I back up to the job and put the hose on.

keeped the same set up with the 260 but moved it ahead a bit due to the weight I took off (tonge and axel) plus i used chain to bind the pots down. didn't want to loose them off the back. (im going to put on two saftey cables around them to insure they dont fall off if the chain comes loose for some reason.) over done ya but dont want to buy new ones if I dont have to.

been playing with the placement off the compressor and pots sence July.

I got to say, I used to load the pots and grit in back of the truck and tow the compressor. THAT SUCKS!!!

this trailer is the best thing.
I want to add two saddle tanks over the wheels to start doing wet blasting for grafitti work

next though, if I move up is a big truck and covered fith wheel or a Box truck.

time and money till that happens.

Thanks for all the other guys that posted that gave Ideas for everyone else.
:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Bumping a good thread for some ideas

·
2,018 Posts
Ausi, I've had my trailer for a while now, works great
I put a truck tool box at the front for all my gear
The only thing I put in the truck is grit.
Takes me 10 mins to set up and start blasting

The pots in the back works great in winter time, the air from the
Compressor keeps every warm and going good..
:thumbup:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Dyer do you find it hard to load your pot with the media on the back of the truck.
I buy mine in super sacks.
It's getting to be a pain getting grit dropped off and picked up again.

81 - 100 of 197 Posts