Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Bob
512 Posts
Whup! I got to try that too! I tell ya its a whole new paradigm, trailering trailerable compressors, I'm thinking venture capitalists are going to be looking to invest big bucks in the concept if someone can figure out how to turn it into an iPhone App! Dang, my ship has come in!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Todd,

What kind of truck did you mount that compressor in? I would like to get a bigger compressor but my enclosed trailer wouldn't be big enough.

·
Owner
23 Posts
Well,
Maybe nothing special but still blasting ;)

265cfm airman with isuzu diesel 4bt

217l dry pot (italian)

Usualy working with 10mm nozzle

Mounted on mercedes 711 truck (7ton only :( for now must be let say... enaught)

One pound to overloaded ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody!
I sure do enjoy seeing and reading about your rigs!

We primarily do Death Dates here in Middle Tennessee, about 40 miles NW of Nashville. I worked for a local monument company through college (in the '90's), and when the time came (2010) I bought the portable Death Date portion of the business. The equipment is virtually unchanged from the setup that we bought. The business is both enjoyable and profitable. In addition to sandblasting the lettering, we also tote all the tools for creating stencils, and for setting or repairing monuments. Everything fits in the S10!

The compressor is an IR that pushes around 21CFM, we run it just under 100# with a 3/32" nozzle. Our pot is an old, old, old Lindsay. It holds around 30 or 40 pounds of abrasive.
We run fine silica sand for carving monuments and Black Beauty slag for general blasting projects.
Death Dates prices are set. We price general blasting pretty high, because I don't really like those jobs - they can be so time consuming. Although a teenage nephew has expressed some interest in working, so I have taken on some blast projects that he can manage. I still do ALL the monument work....can't afford mistakes!

We have purchased a 2000 Chevy 2500 W/T with a utility bed. The compressor will mount in the bed and all the other equipment and tools should fit into the tool boxes. We're in the process of transitioning now, repairing some sheet metal on the truck. Looking forward to being in a full size truck.

The trailer rigs look to be very handy and easy to use. The box trucks are great too - we had considered that, but dealing with the heat and exhaust were the deterrents. You guys that have shared photos have put a tremendous amount of thought, planning, and building into these setups - Good job!

Attachments

·
Trial and Error Opperator
2,018 Posts
Lazy Spread, we all set up different, depending on our calling and needs.
I personally set mine up on a trailer for the reason we have snow. Switching trucks if need 4x4 or flat bed one ton for more grit hauling on overnight jobs...
The s10 set up looks to be a good size and moving up to full size giving you little extra room. Well. Yah. Good deal.
Keep the sand moving. !

181 - 197 of 197 Posts