Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
If I did that, I'm sure my access to the forum would be summarily canceled. Hint: the prime mover is a WHITE gas four cyl. Points, condensers, updrafts. Its like a trip down memory lane. Every time I go to the auto parts store, they groan.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ok, found the post - moved to the top. Anyone want to add their setup?

Just looking for idea's for a new setup, of course it's a little different for my business - I require room for an average of 1300lbs (2 bins) of dry ice plus equipment/compressor.

mike

·
Registered
249 Posts
Don't really have a set up - basically a service truck (ford f-350 with Wilcox service boxes) and my tow-behind compressor. My blaster/cooler and dry ice go in the back of the pick up. My truck is pretty ugly, but does the job...I'll post a pic tonight...

mike

·
MEDIA GUY
137 Posts
Killzone - What does your compressor weigh? Will your truck support it? If not add some leaf springs. I would mount the compressor on the back of your truck and pull a trailer with media and your pot. This is what I am trying to do. I want my compressor mounted on the back with the ability to haul media on a trailer. I figure if i am out of town on overnight jobs or just large jobs where I don't want to leave my compressor it can come with me home or to a hotel and the trailer can stay on the job site. I'd rather have to replace some media vs. replacing my compressor due to vandals. Or the cube van like Bulldog has. Get one with a Tommy lift gate or put one on.

Bulldog - was the price good on the van? Looks to be in good condition. I toyed with the enclosed trailer/cube van but looked at a guys outfit that he had enclosed in a trailer and the moisture from the compressor got everything wet on the floor. Are you going to incorporate anything to let your moisture drain out the bottom?

1 - 20 of 197 Posts