Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we can all freely admit, we are, by nature, voyeuristic. we peek in each others shops, vans, trucks, medicine cabinets and... oh nevermind , that restraining order dictates that I shouldn't mention..
Anyway, I thought it would be cool, so I'll kick it off. IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Oh HELL yes!
Let me clean the drool offa my chin...
I could spend a whole day just fooling around with the chisel collection on the wall. Set up my Tormek water wheel and sharpen every damn one to a razor edge. And the hand planes would be next.
And yeah, coolest hard hat I've ever seen.
I NEED a shop like that!!

Have you got a good floor drain to piss in?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unlike some of the shop spaces I have occupied over the centuries, this one has ...a bathroom with hot and cold running water....livin' high on the hog now, boy...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
real esso. and only one of them. I dont see it in the pics i posted, but on the wall is, "Grand Poo Myth" borne of an old "Happy Motoring" sign from my dad's garage.

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts
real esso. and only one of them. I dont see it in the pics i posted, but on the wall is, "Grand Poo Myth" borne of an old "Happy Motoring" sign from my dad's garage.
"Myth" partly shows.

Happy Motoring.......Did Dad become an Exxon? or a MOBIL???? Or was it Amoco??? Hell!!! They were all Rockefeller's Standard at one time or another!

·
Preserving the Past
3,571 Posts
Mines a bit full right now with 5000lf of red wood, 40 sheets of MDO and about 3000lf of custom made moldings. All of our equipment can be moved into a back room when we need the space to pre prime and paint.

I'll post more pics next week when everything is back in it's place:laughing: (sorry bout the fuzzy pic)

Nice shop Derek:thumbsup:

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts
Mines a bit full right now with 5000lf of red wood, 40 sheets of MDO and about 3000lf of custom made moldings. All of our equipment can be moved into a back room when we need the space to pre prime and paint.

I'll post more pics next week when everything is back in it's place:laughing: (sorry bout the fuzzy pic)

Nice shop Derek:thumbsup:
Looks quite accommodating for what it is that you do!

·
Handle It!
9,588 Posts

·
Preserving the Past
3,571 Posts
Jason, no matter how big things look empty, they always end up looking like 10 pounds of shiit in a 5 pound bag.
So true! Our Sawstop Cabinet saw was due to come in this week but was refused by my supplier due to damage. I'm partly glad it didn't come in to the shop. We ordered it with the 54" guide rail system and tables.:no:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
let me know what you think of the sawstop system, I am curious for a report not from a paid spokesman. Looks like you have a bit of trim to put in there... what time should I be there to start?

Frigidaire by general motors..

·
I like Green things
23,031 Posts
I will volunteer my finger for the first test session!!!

I dont even want to go out an take a picture of my mess. Sure I thought 1400sqft would be enough. It takes an hour to get a vehicle in.

Derek, the saw stop works great, does what the cost commands. I think its place is where there are numerous people using a saw. For my personal use I am not so sure.

Works like a charm, I would cry if it ruined one of my Matsushiita blades though.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts