Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3681 - 3700 of 4260 Posts

·
Administrator
44,112 Posts
I guess the pink through me off. I was hoping it was plaster, but figured it might be to delicate to form something that small.

OK, why is it pink?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Some of the stuff I've done this summer and fall...

TimberTech Earthwoods with post and riser lights. Obviously, the first one is the "before".

Ed. to add: Forgot to mention the custom doggie gates I made for them on this. They wanted to let their two dogs out onto the deck without having them take off but didn't want permanent gates.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
This is the house I'm in currently. This was my first project, wainscoting the dining room. 3/8" birch panels on the walls with chair rail base, chair rail and shadowboxes. Customer wanted this room and the adjacent living room to have some type of "break", so I routed some poplar 1x6 and ran it up the walls and across the ceiling and made a couple of matching plinth blocks for the bases.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Looks good Fester. I'm working on the crown on the entire first floor now. I'll post again when it's all done.

·
David Festa
2,561 Posts
Dan do yourself and your business a favor, export your pics out of Picasso or Photo bucket with your company name on it. Remember this is a public forum, what is public is for all to copy and use for themselves!

·
Working
4,127 Posts
Custome door stops with weather strip. Had to get a router bit made to get the same profile as the original stops. Also had to replace the thresholds with new 1" thick walnut thresholds.

Cole

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry for the glut of pics over the past couple of days. I haven't had much time for posting for the past few months.

This is a fireplace makeover I finished up a week or so ago. I had already removed the "fancy" door casing that was around the leftover bathroom tiles that the builder used for the surround when I realized I hadn't shot a "before" pic.

Pearl Classique mantel with Black Galaxy granite slabs for the surround.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nightmare On Elm St.

OK..I know I'm either 4 days late...or..three days early, depending on whether your glass is half empty or half full! Basement reno from HELL! This is the best part of it! The rest of the basement is 10 times worse!!! I'll be tested on this one, boys!!

-T.J.-

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
nice work

i was hoping you could help me i saw your pic and i need to re work my hot water in my own house. i have a exsisting on demand system and want to supplement it with a hot water tank i need suggestions on how plumb this system my takagi on demand is at one end of the house and my tank will be in the center of the house were the pipes go to the second floor there is a recirc loop allready installed any advice from anyone will be appreciated ...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
That pink is plaster weld....for better grip.
I was guessing a primer of some sort, as you wouldn't fill tiny scratches before you lay a sausage of plaster across the ceiling.

You're an artist resta. One of those guys I'd work a week or two for free, if they'd let me.

3681 - 3700 of 4260 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.