Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
5721 - 5740 of 5799 Posts

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
7,138 Posts
View attachment 521678
Between rain and my supplier being out of blocks, we finally were able to get the mason going this morning. Sun is out, getting up to 60 degrees, production is happening….it’s a good day to be alive
Not much bar coming out of that footing. 🤣

Every one I do has bars every 24”. 😳 Pain in the ass.

·
Registered
General Contractor - Residential
163 Posts
Not much bar coming out of that footing. 🤣

Every one I do has bars every 24”. 😳 Pain in the ass.
48” O.C. Around the “tall” walls. One to two bond beam courses with #4 rebar on those sections also.

No verts or bond beams for the walls that are not very tall. The BC Residential Code deemed it not necessary 🙂

·
Registered
163 Posts
Up and over?

Only place I do that is corners.

Every where else gets open-end bond-beams. 👍
Maybe we are just miscommunicating. I’m thinking about the rebar sticking vertically out of the footing maybe 4-5-6 feet up. Mason then has to lift the blocks up high and lower block down with rebar going through the block cell.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sky Cloud Plant Property Window

Sky Plant Cloud Building Window
Building Window Property Sky Plant
Window Wood House Road surface Grass
Window Building Property Door Road surface

Window Building Sky Land lot Plant

Sunroom addition.

First picture was August 12 when I looked at the job for the first time. Gave them a price and got the job but told them it would be awhile before we could start.

Second and Thirds pics were December 16 when we began the project.

Then the rains began and the yard has terrible drainage and so it stays wet. Thankfully we got a full week of dry weather and we were able to get the slab in.

Decided that with the location of the slab behind the house and not being able to get a big truck back there, nowhere to dump dirt, plus a skid steer would tear up the yard, I chose to pour the entire depth (8”) with concrete instead of trying to bring in red fill sand.

Formed, termite treatment and inspection yesterday. Place and finish today.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
7,138 Posts
Maybe we are just miscommunicating. I’m thinking about the rebar sticking vertically out of the footing maybe 4-5-6 feet up. Mason then has to lift the blocks up high and lower block down with rebar going through the block cell.
That’s what I’m saying.

Use open end block. No up and over. 👍

Furniture Rectangle Slope Parallel Font

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
60,309 Posts

·
Registered
14,090 Posts
Shaper Origin, the 1/16 round over was done with the MFK 700 you see hanging upside down in the picture.

I have 10-12 other designs we're going to do. Glue up scraps, plane down when the planer is out. Good use of scraps that would have gone in the dumpster.

Tom

·
Registered
Custom
14,269 Posts
Shaper Origin, the 1/16 round over was done with the MFK 700 you see hanging upside down in the picture.

I have 10-12 other designs we're going to do. Glue up scraps, plane down when the planer is out. Good use of scraps that would have gone in the dumpster.

Tom
How long did it take to do using the Shaper Origin?

·
Registered
14,090 Posts
How long did it take to do using the Shaper Origin?
Once the blanks are ready, 14 minutes each with rounding over. Blanks vary because of the way we create them.

Zach made this set for his sister for Christmas, Walnut and Hickory trivets, you can see they are a glue up, Hickory charcuterie board with Walnut bow ties, he also made the knife block and handle. All I did was load the drawings up to the Origin, he took it from there.

Tom

Attachments

5721 - 5740 of 5799 Posts