Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
5701 - 5720 of 5798 Posts

·
Builder
30,986 Posts
But, then again, it wasn't sooo bad...

Between that and buying a bankruptcy 350 you don't get any slack from these MFs. Should of bought an old ass busted work truck with a pipe rack and then I could of plead poverty to them about double bubble and slept in my truck while they were working last night but if I did it they'd of been bitching about the soft ass baby neck GC sleeping on the heated seats with the diesel running.

Instead they were probably thinking why is this retard walking around mumbling instead of going home he can't finish for chit anyway 😆

The funniest part is the oldest finisher did my granddads slabs and he said at about 4 am that "your granddaddy - he wouldn't be here"

I said BS- he woulda of been here finishing this slab

He said nah Doyle- I think he drops off the cooler (beer, old timer thing) and say Good Luck do a good job and go home.

I was like man wtf. 😆

·
1 on 2
Mason
1,345 Posts
I'm with Doyle and the old timer.😆

That porch cap I mentioned earlier, the young couple came home from the bar at about 1am. I was sitting in the truck waiting to finish my yard of crete. They invite me in for an hour and a half of beers before it was set up enough to get a finish. Good thing I turned down the shots or I would never have gotten back over in the morning to scrub out the paper and cat prints. Not sure why she was up at sun up to notice, but we got er done.

·
Registered
General Construction
151 Posts
Finally got enough water pumped out of one of the customers basements to figure out how come the sump pump can’t keep up, waters been shutoff at the street for 3 months and a steady stream coming from under the foundation, city mains broke other side of the shutoff and pumping water right along the pipe into the basement.

And tossed some flooring in a different job later today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Custom
14,269 Posts
Finally got enough water pumped out of one of the customers basements to figure out how come the sump pump can’t keep up, waters been shutoff at the street for 3 months and a steady stream coming from under the foundation, city mains broke other side of the shutoff and pumping water right along the pipe into the basement.

And tossed some flooring in a different job later today

Popular floor color right now... You don't stagger your flooring past 2 runs? or is it just those few runs?

·
Registered
General Construction
151 Posts
Popular floor color right now... You don't stagger your flooring past 2 runs? or is it just those few runs?
Just those 2, majority of the time each piece is 1-1.5 shorter, gives you a nice uniform stagger

·
Registered
General Construction
151 Posts
And there’s a notch just out of the pic so that closest ones just there for measurements;)

·
Registered
Custom
14,269 Posts
And there’s a notch just out of the pic so that closest ones just there for measurements;)

Was more referring to the few before and after which caught my eye because of the color...

Wood Rectangle Floor Flooring Beige

5701 - 5720 of 5798 Posts