Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
60,309 Posts
They should probably be lockable 🤔 :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
60,309 Posts
Talk about getting lucky. Size-wise if it was a 1/16" smaller in either direction I couldn't fit much
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
7,138 Posts
I'm happy with it. Pretty awesome I was mentally preparing myself for a failed finish and epoxy garage 😆

I got to put the confident builder tone you always have with your clients to the test - " ah yes, Steve (neighbor) is correct we were 2 nights in row - that is to say, last night and the night before. But you can assure Steve we won't be here tonight.... infact I think uh.... we're pretty much wrapped up here now... ah yes, this is quite normal, totally normal, staying overnight and looking like hobos the next morning in a pile of mud also uh, normal.... almost brought the fifth wheel but you know decided to do the barrel fire thing... nice ambiance and uh, my wife said no....

but yeah - Nice slow cure, cant ask for anything better.. just what we were looking for 👍 Tell Steve I can leave these diesel lights and that radio if he and the Mrs want to come use this dance floor - didn't this turn out awesome 👌

Hey - did you see Matt put the fixtures on at the dock? Let's go check that out, it Looks great. Couldn't be happier with this slab..... " 😆

A finished house could be burning down at the last day behind me and I would be same - "yep, you'll get that sometimes on these big jobs. No big deal at all, we plan for every contingency - and can I be honest for a second - that really wasn't the right floor for this house..... why don't you call reene and see if yall can meet up and pick out a better floor - ah, lunch is me and ah, we are all set here I'll get this cleaned up as soon as ah, you know..... it quits ah, burning 🔥 "

Learned a long time ago no matter how ****ed up it is or how angry or upset they are - Always part of the plan, totally in control here we go this.

Then the hat shaking cussing psychotic ranting and impotent rage after they leave 👍
You're one of those guys who has to go into the office after every one is gone, let out an unholy scream, punch the wall, compose yourself, and then your good for a week or two? 😳🤣

·
1 on 2
Mason
1,346 Posts
So what did that $35k pour cost ya anyway? You have at least a grand in food alone!

Props to your guys. Take care of the men and they'll take care of you.

·
Administrator
60,309 Posts
Now my shop is a mess. I'm trying to get rid of a table that is a horizontal catch all. It's a 2x4' table and if I can get rid of it, it will really give me another 4' of working space in my shop. Empty boxes and crap all strewn about haphazardly until I can get this table cleared off. And then I have to find a place for it.... Upstairs it goes

·
Administrator
60,309 Posts
Ya. Why didn't I think of that.

Oh ya...the fire marshal

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
7,138 Posts
Ya. Why didn't I think of that.

Oh ya...the fire marshal
Man people talk about “California”, but then I hear about all the &)(t you guys can’t do everywhere else, and I realize I live in outlaw country. 👍👍👍

·
Administrator
60,309 Posts
Wood furnce is allowed, but not a wood stove.

·
Administrator
60,309 Posts
Well made some headway in the clean up. Didn't take a before pic but found one from other pictures.
Wood Electrical wiring Engineering Hardwood Wood stain

Quite the horizontal disease going on back there.

After I got most of the horizontal disease off the table (and threw it on the floor LOL) I snapped a photo.
Wood Interior design Floor Flooring Machine

And now it's somewhat more organized.
Wood Interior design Floor Flooring Engineering

Lots of crap on my tablesaw to be re-located.

Still much more to do.

·
Builder
30,986 Posts
So what did that $35k pour cost ya anyway? You have at least a grand in food alone!

Props to your guys. Take care of the men and they'll take care of you.
About 18k for the mud, 3500 for pump, should of been 5k for the finishers but double bubble to the 5 who stayed so like 7k - 280 for Fajitas, probably 80 bucks in breakfast tacos between both days, not sure what juan got them for supper last night but probably 150 bucks, I'd imagine I'll have a CC receipt from Juan for a bottle of something - usually a no no but 60 + year old finishers overnight working at 38 degrees that ain't a priority for me lol

So call it like 34k. Add in about 16k in labor for forms grading and tying bar, about 8-9k in bar probably, 4500 in fill and a few grand in incidentals for the whole deal I'd say close to 70k, 76k with the walls we are setting and pouring

Plus 20% to the big guy 😆

The only surprise expense is some Fajitas and couple grand or so (not sure what they worked out with juan to pay em orginally just said double it for the ones who stayed)

Minus some more damage to my future ulcers and contributions to my first heart attack that's a pretty good day

·
Builder
30,986 Posts
You're one of those guys who has to go into the office after every one is gone, let out an unholy scream, punch the wall, compose yourself, and then your good for a week or two? 😳🤣

Nah not really I just drink alone on my porch often and mutter 😆

·
1 on 2
Mason
1,346 Posts
Minus some more damage to my future ulcers and contributions to my first heart attack that's a pretty good day
Nah not really I just drink alone on my porch often and mutter
Ah, so long as it's not beating you up TOO much! Another day in the life... 😆😆

That's an ordeal you don't want to have too often. What doesn't kill ya, makes you ...

Plus 20% to the big guy 😆
But, then again, it wasn't sooo bad...

·
Builder
30,986 Posts
I'm disappointed the double shower head thing didn't work out.

So was she I'm pretty sure she married me for my looks ....

I was surprised she didn't wait up when i got home from basketball a note on the island please put clothes in dryer 🤣

Reactions: Robie
5681 - 5700 of 5798 Posts