Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
5181 - 5200 of 5239 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,057 Posts
Some progress pics from a boat dock at a house I'm waiting to start and our Sunmit Springs custom. MEPs going the custom, rocks starting when painter hits the soffits and fascia and then we'll install the roof before metal siding. We are installing flashing today for masonry

Boat dock decks Azek Harvest line in Brownstone color, with black 3 chamber bumper pad 👌 Going to look nice for a simple boat dock

Did stairs out of iron and expanded metal for it
Sky Plant Shade Tree Leisure

Water Plant Natural landscape Landscape Tree

Cloud Sky Building Tire Plant

Wood Beam Brickwork Building material Brick

Sky Cloud Plant Building Slope

·
Registered
General Contractor - Residential
115 Posts
Sky Tree Land lot Road surface Plant

Sky Wood Tree Line Composite material

Wood Interior design Building Flooring Floor

Plant Sky Cloud Tree Wood

Water Sky Tree Land lot Plant

Tire Slope Road surface Asphalt Truck

Plant Slope Automotive tire Land lot Grass

Hood Wood Grille Urban design Road surface

Don’t know why pics are out of order

Waiting to start a new house hopefully in a few weeks and a small sunroom addition, nothing too exciting going on right now so sharing some pics of the safe room from a house I built a little while back. Actually the last 3 houses I’ve build have all had safe rooms.

FEMA P-320

Attachments

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,824 Posts
View attachment 519121
View attachment 519129
View attachment 519128
View attachment 519124
View attachment 519123
View attachment 519126
View attachment 519127
View attachment 519122

Don’t know why pics are out of order

Waiting to start a new house hopefully in a few weeks and a small sunroom addition, nothing too exciting going on right now so sharing some pics of the safe room from a house I built a little while back. Actually the last 3 houses I’ve build have all had safe rooms.

FEMA P-320
How safe we talkin?

Tire Bicycle tire Crankset Wheel Automotive tire

·
Registered
General Contractor - Residential
115 Posts
By the way, don’t judge the polished brass door hardware. Older widow lady that wanted the 1970’s look of her house in Texas. Hey, whatever you want. Smooth luan door? Sure. Polished brass hardware? No problem. No cabinet box around your refrigerator? You got it. Nice lady, easy to work with. My buddy’s aunt.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,620 Posts
Did some real work around the shop and then made this for my son and girlfriend's dog. They gave me the bottle and height they wanted it at and I worked from there.

Wood Flooring Floor Gas Hardwood

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,620 Posts
Ok Ok Ok, so I'm a hack. But she made me do it. Doing a lot of laminate repairs at an orthodontist office. Redid 5 doors, a drawer front at the shop. And the rest was onsite work while they are in a major demo. Had to redo about 40' of counter top edge and 5 toekicks on some moveable stations. And they had a countertop with 2 holes hacked into it for some reason. Horrible job whoever made the 2 holes. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the holes, just forgot. But I made a jig in the shop to cut a rabbet on the OD of the holes and a filler pc to put in said hole. Used a pattern bit to cut the rabbets and 2P10ed the fillers in place. Roughened things up with a belt sander and leveled the plywood. It was only off a few thousandths on one edge.
Rectangle Wood Composite material Gas Natural material

Couldn't get the router close enough to the backside of the holes because it hit the wall. So just made the filler board a bit shorter and it worked. The inlays were pretty good.

And then the hack part. Just covered it with a pc of laminate. I said I could do the whole top but she said just do enough to cover it. So I did.

Rectangle Wood Automotive exterior Gas Composite material

Still looks way better than the two hacked holes. Kinda looks like a mat for a special operation area.

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,824 Posts
Ok Ok Ok, so I'm a hack. But she made me do it. Doing a lot of laminate repairs at an orthodontist office. Redid 5 doors, a drawer front at the shop. And the rest was onsite work while they are in a major demo. Had to redo about 40' of counter top edge and 5 toekicks on some moveable stations. And they had a countertop with 2 holes hacked into it for some reason. Horrible job whoever made the 2 holes. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the holes, just forgot. But I made a jig in the shop to cut a rabbet on the OD of the holes and a filler pc to put in said hole. Used a pattern bit to cut the rabbets and 2P10ed the fillers in place. Roughened things up with a belt sander and leveled the plywood. It was only off a few thousandths on one edge.
View attachment 519211
Couldn't get the router close enough to the backside of the holes because it hit the wall. So just made the filler board a bit shorter and it worked. The inlays were pretty good.

And then the hack part. Just covered it with a pc of laminate. I said I could do the whole top but she said just do enough to cover it. So I did.

View attachment 519212

Still looks way better than the two hacked holes. Kinda looks like a mat for a special operation area.
I did something similar (not the hack laminate lol) at my house. Original pine cabinets. Previous owner has hacked a big rectangular hole in the upper above the stove for a recessed light. I used a router to rabbet the edge, then cut a piece of birch plywood, glued it in, wood puttied/sanded, primed, and painted the cabinets with a synthetic oil base. I stripped all the cabinets to bare wood. It was a big, delicate project for an ogre like myself.

Nice work Leo, laminate and all.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Damn dude, you are one talented sum *. Where are you at?
Thanks, but credit goes to my mason mostly. My 'talent' is putting him in the best position to do the best job possible; I'm his backup dancer.(and he kicked me off our veneer job yesterday.......high standards)

We're in Lib-tard Boulder Colorado, not my favorite place but the $ and market is right!

5181 - 5200 of 5239 Posts