Casita kitchen
Main level guest bath
Lower level guest bath
Lower level "bar"
Lower level guest bath 2
Main kitchen
Silver/cutlery drawer, utinsel pullout

Tom
What's with the weird stile and rail sizes on the vanities? Designer?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,620 Posts
I don't mind the sizes. But I like them to match the doors so they form a line along the cabinet. I've broken that rule when doors and drawers fronts are next to each other especially when they are smaller height drawer fronts.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
This is a house I built in 2008, it is a current job because the owner I built for is moving out and asked me to help prep it for another homeowner. The stucco needed cleaning (it is integral color, not painted), the exterior doors are Hope's steel windows, one door has rusted a bit, some HVAC upgrading, repair a couple of locks, little bit of drywall repair (drywall was 95% plaster), and just general repair. The house was published on the front cover of Veranda magazine.

·
Punching above his weight
13,617 Posts
Reggi, two things.

1. If you're wondering what that dormer steel is for, I'll take a picture of my dormers. Everything will make sense. I wish somebody had put those in my house.

2. What are you doing with that sawbuck setup?

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,824 Posts
Reggi, two things.

1. If you're wondering what that dormer steel is for, I'll take a picture of my dormers. Everything will make sense. I wish somebody had put those in my house.

2. What are you doing with that sawbuck setup?
1. lol

2. I typically cut scrap down to about 3', makes it easier to get it out the door or window. Plus it doesn't waste as much space in a dumpster, unless you collate all the full length stuff, which is time consuming. Usually, cutting everything up requires bending over a hundred times to pick up pieces, then holding them in one hand while sawing with the other.

The sawbuck does two things

1. Gives us a place to store a pile of stuff up off the floor, nice and neat, and we don't have to cut it to length right away to avoid a mess.
2. Gives us an efficient place to cut it to length. Some pieces still fall on the floor, but not all of them. You don't have to hold the lumber while cutting (safer), and you can cut multiple pieces at once. You do hit more nails - I might switch to carbide chains for this reason.

So we're able to work more efficiently while still keeping a more organized site.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,620 Posts
You ain't got nothing on floor piles.

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,824 Posts
Made one about 3 weeks ago.
I'm getting ready to have a huge maple taken down and am going to be saving a lot of the wood.
Figured it's going to come in handy.
Hell yeah. Nobody wants to cut limbs to firewood length on the ground.

Rock maple (sugar maple) logs are the heaviest I've ever messed with. And the name is well earned when you split them with a maul.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
31,348 Posts
This is a swamp maple (silver maple) . It's the 2nd to the last one to go after my Dad planted 7 of them 45 years ago.

It's right next to the house with 3 huge trunks coming out of the main. Probably 80' tall. I've had it topped twice but new growth comes back in the blink of an eye it seems.
Every time the wind blows, I'm at the back door or security cam keeping track of this thing.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,620 Posts
pics please, I want to see piles of sanding dust :LOL:
Never going to happen. All sanders are hooked to dust extractors.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,620 Posts
Leo doesn't cut his scrap, he sands them out of existence.
No thank you. In the winter it gets cut up and burned by various people. In the summer it gets cut up and put into the landlords mulch piles. Right now it's sitting on the side of the tablesaw.

5161 - 5180 of 5239 Posts