Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,535 Posts
I win the Parade of house Award!!!!!

·
Punching above his weight
12,524 Posts
I'm gonna hear her out.

It could be a splashy accent in an otherwise mod/classic space.
Typically, somebody who doesn't know what they're doing isn't gonna mess with something that intense.

Fingers crossed.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,535 Posts
It's for her college bound daughter.
I don't know if it wraps around the corner over the stove area.

Property Window Fixture Cabinetry Wood

·
Registered
Project Manager
8 Posts
Replaced my garage doors on Monday. The existing doors were wood and original to the house (1994). I tried using a wood recovery epoxy for rotten wood (hence all the staining on the old door) but it is garbage and ended up making it all worse lol. Really, since I sit behind a desk now and manage project the only time I get to build is at my house or if I pick up side jobs.
Building Fixture Wood Road surface Door
Building Sky Plant House Tree

·
Registered
General Construction
76 Posts
Walking the new guy through faucet and toilet replacement at the apartments the boss owns, and he even got the privilege of tying lots of bar today ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Punching above his weight
12,524 Posts
You tell him you were actively posting pictures of him on the internet while he enjoys that cabinet edge in his ribs? lol

·
Registered
General Construction
76 Posts
You tell him you were actively posting pictures of him on the internet while he enjoys that cabinet edge in his ribs? lol
The real question is…was 8 hrs of tying bar to much for him? Seemed to be doing good but I’ll know if he’s at the shop in the morning, straight out of high school and 1st job lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Always Learning
8,744 Posts
We were asked to help chase down the cause of sagging floors in this 1930's house. Gorgeous old home.

We got an engineer involved and came up with a path. Big footings, big steel, some wood, and chasing point loads down from the roof to the basement. Getting a things supported properly and getting a lot of the sag out!

Fun little project for rain days. House is vacant and client is super cool with fitting it in when we can.

·
Super Moderator
29,181 Posts
Trim, ceiling beams and cabinets in a simple house we are building. Our crew did foundation, framing, cornice, shingles, decks, handrails, cabinets and trim. House 2 doors down same thing minus foundation (and hopefully shingles, they weren't happy about that lol)

Not a fan at all of that handrail. I wanted to take balusters to the treads
Building Picture frame Wood Houseplant Hall
Wood Window Stairs Paint Fixture
Property Furniture Window Wood Lighting
Window Wood Fixture Interior design Floor
Window Building Wood House Shade
Brown Rectangle Fixture Wood Tints and shades

·
Super Moderator
29,181 Posts
From that pic, it's not even code-legal.
Why? Grip is bullnosed poplar 1.5" by 2.5", can withstand more than 200 lbs lateral pressure and is more more than 34 less than 38 inches high (it's 36)

We aren't using IBC, doesn't need to be 42, and the garudd rail cap can be the handrail one in the same

·
GC/carpenter
44,170 Posts
Why? Grip is bullnosed poplar 1.5" by 2.5", can withstand more than 200 lbs lateral pressure and is more more than 34 less than 38 inches high (it's 36)

We aren't using IBC, doesn't need to be 42, and the garudd rail cap can be the handrail one in the same
Graspable rail has to be continuous past the nosing of the last tread and first tread. Which has to return into itself or terminate into a wall or newel post.

Also the balusters on handrails can't be more than 4-3/8" apart.

Mike.
___

·
Super Moderator
29,181 Posts
Graspable rail has to be continuous past the nosing of the last tread and first tread. Which has to return into itself or terminate into a wall or newel post.

Also the balusters on handrails can't be more than 4-3/8" apart.

Mike.
___
Ill measure balusters Monday and send pic, I'd be surprised if they were that far apart but they might be, Danny didn't build them

As far as return - you're right - should of gone past - I appreciate you bringing it up. Maybe she'll get rid of the 8 inch wall too when we fix it lol

4881 - 4900 of 4938 Posts