·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,535 Posts
Actually with the countertop it'll be 18 1/8"

·
Artist and not a curator
14,578 Posts
Out of curiosity, do you guys like the attention that parade homes bring? I did it one year and won an outdoor space for 2-5mm dollar homes or something like that. GC contacted me, told him cool and to not give out my number. Asked if I wanted to go to some award thing which I thought his business was putting on. Politely declined.

The supplier still asks me if I do work for that GC. They were a pain in the balls to deal with. No way I wanted more of their stuff. Might be kinda cool if I liked the company but it seems people in the trades are just as different as people in real life. I hated that outdoor space. It was so dysfunctional and silly.

Was asked to do another the next year, nah - here's some guys who might be into it. Very cool to set up a business for your employees, gonna be tough when the big fella leaves the seat open. Seems like unneeded stress.

·
Super Moderator
29,181 Posts
It's probably half our business- so yes I like it. Had 7 current clients and 9 past clients come just to see today, plus numerous other people in the community

It's putting your work out there for 1400+ people to tour- to me kind of a put up or shut up.

Being bell of the ball for being the big winner is cool but lasts a couple days. The people touring it are emissaries of our team. That's awesome 👌

Plus I had several subs numbers requested today so gets them more work for their efforts.

I put something in even It's not bad ass. Eventually maybe they'll all be bad ass like Tom's guy but for right now I'll show anything we build. The work is tight and we'll done even if it's not really cool stuff, I'll show anything our team builds to anyone anytime

·
Super Moderator
29,181 Posts
If i was doing what you do, probably not. Not necessary

·
Artist and not a curator
14,578 Posts
I tired to find the stupid home online. Can't find it. It's somewhere between either 2015 and 2016 medallion homes if anyone is interested. Parade of homes is silly around here. It's basically just giant home builders doing a dick measuring contest. Nothing like what I got to witness in TX where it was an ability to show off great work and be excited about the craft. No real true custom stuff here. It's basically which retard can find someone who builds stuff well so they can put a plaque up and say, "we won this" while the people who actually did it are disgusted with the builder.

They might win an award but the best subs won't work for them anymore. This area has become a joke...

·
Artist and not a curator
14,578 Posts
It's probably half our business- so yes I like it. Had 7 current clients and 9 past clients come just to see today, plus numerous other people in the community

It's putting your work out there for 1400+ people to tour- to me kind of a put up or shut up.

Being bell of the ball for being the big winner is cool but lasts a couple days. The people touring it are emissaries of our team. That's awesome 👌

Plus I had several subs numbers requested today so gets them more work for their efforts.

I put something in even It's not bad ass. Eventually maybe they'll all be bad ass like Tom's guy but for right now I'll show anything we build. The work is tight and we'll done even if it's not really cool stuff, I'll show anything our team builds to anyone anytime
I got it when I saw what you were doing at your place we saw. It sells itself and all you had to do was be present and I saw you constantly give credit where it was due.

Here, it's a joke.

·
Registered
13,495 Posts
The builder does well with the Parade when it comes to leads.

With me being relatively new to the area it helps get our name out there. Robert has already sold a kitchen and master bath from a Parade contact, these are all they could afford to have use do.

The only other builder near AAHD’s level has called at least 12 times wanting us to do next years Parade home. I’m pretty sure they’ll be shocked by the cost of what we do. We know their current suppplier and what they charge. They also need to cover the cost of us developing a style for them, once done, I’ll trade mark it. They cannot have any style we do for AAHD.

A builder we did one home for a couple of years ago is coming back after what they saw this year. The home we did for them the owners love our work.

Bigger building more help I’ve got to be nuts….

I finally got to see our Instagram page……

Tom

·
Registered
General Construction
76 Posts
What are weekends? Work for everyone else all week and dig a hole in my new yard over the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,535 Posts
Only two more working days til Monday....

·
Registered
General Construction
76 Posts
Yeah, I'll leave a beer bottle in a pour like that... But, if your into huffing paint, that's your thing, lol.
Eventually I’ll be done here 4 big pours left at the mill including that one, then all of the 6” slabs between everything. The other crew started a steel building, finished it including insulation and are unloading the next one tomorrow at the other end of the county while I’m still here just building the log yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,535 Posts
Well the wallpaper she put up in the kitchen is .. a... bold 😳

Property Window Azure Wood Fixture

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,535 Posts
I figured everyone should experience the pain I felt.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,535 Posts
I haven't seen it in person yet. I've seen some pretty odd color combinations look good. I still have faith....

4861 - 4880 of 4938 Posts