Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
I see you disagree with her paint color choice.... :D :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
Not really a job but it for doing jobs in my shop. Finally replaced the last high pressure sodium vapor lamps in the shop. Been there about 16 year and this is in the storage area which I use as an assembly area on occasion. The main area of the shop was replaced with T5HO fluorescents quite some time ago. 6 bulb hi-bays that produce about 30K lumens.

This is a single UFO style LED hi-bay that produces 35K lumens. It claims 42K but if you do the math of 140 lumens/watt and 250 watts you get 35K, not 42K. But it might be anyway because there are 300 LEDs and they are either .9 watts (270w) or 1 watt (300w)

Wood Interior design Floor Flooring Hardwood

And a picture of the sun
Wood Floor Beam Hardwood Flooring

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,220 Posts
Every so often I think about those first lights you replaced, and what an incredible difference that was. Good times.

·
Artist and not a curator
14,331 Posts
Not really a job but it for doing jobs in my shop. Finally replaced the last high pressure sodium vapor lamps in the shop. Been there about 16 year and this is in the storage area which I use as an assembly area on occasion. The main area of the shop was replaced with T5HO fluorescents quite some time ago. 6 bulb hi-bays that produce about 30K lumens.

This is a single UFO style LED hi-bay that produces 35K lumens. It claims 42K but if you do the math of 140 lumens/watt and 250 watts you get 35K, not 42K. But it might be anyway because there are 300 LEDs and they are either .9 watts (270w) or 1 watt (300w)

View attachment 516202

And a picture of the sun
View attachment 516203
Hey, that's pretty clean for a storage area. I'd be embarrassed to post shop at this point. Storage is basically where I work now...

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
That's because we had to get a 7 yard loader into the area so I could get up to the 26' ceiling. That machine is HUGE. 11' wide bucket through a 12' door.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
And I pushed a broom right before the picture. Not for the picture, but because the space didn't have all the cabinets on carts in the way. There is no room in the spray room because it's full of all the stuff that should be in the storage area. :D

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,685 Posts
Every so often I think about those first lights you replaced, and what an incredible difference that was. Good times.
Yup. Going from two 400 watt sodium vapor lamps to a bunch of fluorescents. I have 28 T5HOs in various configurations in the work side of the shop. At about 4' off the floor directly under the 6 bulb fixture I got 850 lux. Under the LED it was just over 1000 lux.

·
Artist and not a curator
14,331 Posts
Finished up soffit and fascia on this today. 3' overhang Glad it is done. Used more ladders on it then have in a long time. Bright side customer paid me $400 more then bid it for. NICE.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
Hey. A win, is a win, is a win.

You won. Doesn't matter how you got it, lift or ladder, you won.

·
Super Moderator
28,886 Posts
Parade of Homes is in a few weeks. Last year was the first year we've not been in the Parade since 2014, because there wasn't one. Can't really take on contracts for 2022, assuming half the stuff on the board with a deposit goes forward, but it's good to stay out in public
Plant Sky Building Window Tree
Plant Sky Property Building Window
Water Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

4601 - 4620 of 4739 Posts