Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
4001 - 4020 of 7331 Posts

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,795 Posts
Before you guys jump on me for the trip hazard to the deck, I was replacing treads chipped by piano mover. Replace with like material to existing dimensions. Yes, ma'am.
View attachment 513497
Nice work!

I also think the “stairs” in the second photo would be cool with some clear coat. Kind of the ratrod style.

Reactions: Ed Corrigan

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,795 Posts

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,795 Posts
Insane enough not to be giving free consultation to every h/o that comes along. I guess if the only thing you know is demo that wouldn’t be so insane.
Mike
There it is, at last. Look down your nose at me because I do demo. I’ve seen it before, will see it again.

Some people are craftspeople Some people are business people.

Some people are just c unts.

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,795 Posts
I happen to be a certified structural welder, a licensed commercial driver, a mathematician, a retailer, a rifleman, and yes, I do demo. I can probably out earn you 3 to 1 in my market and I still find time to answer people’s questions instead just spewing dross all over the screen.

Reactions: Mordekyle

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
8,620 Posts
I wanted to be a demolition contractor when I was younger. Watched and read a lot about the Loizeaux family. 👍

I wanted to get a wrecking ball and a big excavator.

Then reality set in and I realized I needed more than 1 job every two years. 🤣

Pretty small rural area I live in.

·
Artist and not a curator
17,679 Posts
There it is, at last. Look down your nose at me because I do demo. I’ve seen it before, will see it again.

Some people are craftspeople Some people are business people.

Some people are just c unts.
He's not a chunt he's a vegetarian. Once you realize he eats only rabbit food you can see why he's always angry. 4th is probably a pretty rough day. While everyone around him, in Texas of all places, home to the greatest bbq meats in the world, is sinking their teeth into tender cuts of beef... He's nibbling on some lettuce and carrots. I'd be pissed too.

Reactions: reggi

·
Builder
34,298 Posts
Meeting of the kinds at a new build on Buchanan - made an offer to hire my foundation guys and his crew for a year - pretty solid offer everyone on his crew would be making more money, be on payroll, covered under comp etc... and he would make more money imo, checks every friday. I give it 60/40. If he says yes we are buying another skid steer and mini ex.

Got heavy rain as we were discussing lol

·
Builder
34,298 Posts
The meeting of the minds is one of my favorite parts of construction.

A good one leaves you feeling so good.

"It's going to work. This is going to be ok!"
This one started with " look hoss, you ARE the weak link in WCI, and you know what I do with weak links - I break them or they leave....

His concrete work is good, he worked for me when I was wearing bags and we did a lot of foundation work and framing and pipe driving together. He needs to be checked - often - but that is mostly because it's his money to pay for compacted and weeted fill being installed in 6" lifts. If it was mine who cares?

He's a terrible business man though. Can't be fixed. People can't change how they are put together - and for good trades that are bad at business, that's where I come in

4001 - 4020 of 7331 Posts