Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
3961 - 3980 of 7303 Posts

·
Builder
34,255 Posts
Supposed to use stamps for the first time on a pour we are supposed to do tomorrow at 4. Was pretty excited.

If I reschedule this pour it's 7 days out from a 79k draw I've got 63k out on for 30 days and I've got to say if I do reschedule on 30% chance I'll probably have to sit down to pee for a month. I am generally like Mike's slab guy and pour it but I think I have a feeling that the slight warning of thunderstorms might be more apt to happen on this cursed job and it could be a disaster. Couple hours to make a decision. I'll feel like a ***** if I don't pour and it doesn't rain and a retard if I do pour and it storms 😆

Attachments

·
Builder
34,255 Posts
Supposed to use stamps for the first time on a pour we are supposed to do tomorrow at 4. Was pretty excited.

If I reschedule this pour it's 7 days out from a 79k draw I've got 63k out on for 30 days and I've got to say if I do reschedule on 30% chance I'll probably have to sit down to pee for a month. I am generally like Mike's slab guy and pour it but I think I have a feeling that the slight warning of thunderstorms might be more apt to happen on this cursed job and it could be a disaster. Couple hours to make a decision. I'll feel like a * if I don't pour and it doesn't rain and a retard if I do pour and it storms 😆
View attachment 513327 View attachment 513328 View attachment 513329
Surprise shower just smoked us. Big fat rain 😆

·
Builder
34,255 Posts
Pour it John. Between today’s showers & Sunday coming back from Hamilton & the skies opened up, that’s all we’re gonna get. First stamp job, where you been son. Ha
Mike
Always scored and stained, finally decided to try it so threw it in on a custom in Summit Springs.

Right hand guys said who does not risk a hen does not eat eggs when I asked what he thought lol

·
Relentless
Space Mining
4,758 Posts
That looks like an ad for the scaffolding system! Beautiful setup.
I still hillbilly a frame of 2x4 for my platforms.
Maybe when I grow up... lol.
Make sure to get us some finish product pics. I've gotta remember to take pics to post sometime. Never got in that habit.
Thank you! Actually, if you can’t tell by the shiny paint, that’s a cherry popping job for the new scaffolding. It’s very robust (except those flimsy pins that hold the ridge hook together).

It’s a bear to get up there, but it works well. If I had to carry those blue scaffolding frames up a ladder, well, I wouldnt. Even with a 4 to 1 block and tackle it wasnt fun.

Finished late, forgot to get a pick before I tarped it. I’ll grab one when I come back in a few days for the gear.

Reactions: Ed Corrigan
3961 - 3980 of 7303 Posts